Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reflex SuperShell 2.0

HortonHorton Posts: 25,658 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

Tagged:
Than_Bogan

Comments

• lcgordonlcgordon Posts: 282 Baller
    Complete lie unless im not seeing something you cant buy it right now.
    keithh2oskierHortonwtrskior
  • thrixthrix Posts: 30 Baller
    @lcgordon well, that's not possible even if someone could see something because it is not available to buy yet. Let's wait. I tried the supershell 1.0 and returned it after a couple of hard crashes during the same set.
    Yeah it says in the video available at reflex site but its not. It should say available at site on this date.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,973 Mega Baller
    edited August 2016
    I see ya now
    Horton
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,658 Administrator
    @lcgordon I can't tell you how frustrated it makes me when readers first response is to go negative

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

skifanTUP
    @Horton It was more of a joke but still did not realize they were not waiting to launch it. It clearly states at the end of the add available on the website so I got excited to check it out and nothing is there. They could have said launching at nationals or something. Not everybody is up on everything current. I was just excited to see the new boot design.
    AkBob
    @lcgordon understood

@Than_Bogan it is called marketing

ISP6balljayski
  • ISP6ballISP6ball Posts: 139 Baller
    It made people mad, so it must be poor marketing, ha.
    Hortonjayskiaupatking
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,973 Mega Baller
    @ISP6ball did it make people talk about it? - Therefore the marketing worked.
    ISP6ballkeithh2oskier
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 810 Crazy Baller
    @Than_Bogan - have to disagree with you just a tad. It shows a cool beating heart gif, ECG rhythm strips, the 4th of which with such ST segment elevation might be indicative of an impending MI, the 5th strip perhaps V-fib.

Not to mention the speedometer exceeding 200+ mph.

Who knows, maybe this new binding system is a heart-attack on the water waiting to happen; any adrenaline rush is good. :)
    Than_Bogan
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,850 Mega Baller
    @rico - I completely agree.

Particularly I like the fact that at-least in appearance Reflex is manufacturing a shell for the product instead of coapting 1990's rollerblade boots.

The one feature it seems like none of the manufacturers have dialed in yet is a cant adjustment either built into the plate, the boot, or even just the cuff.

Would seem like the easiest way to pull this off is to have a cuff which the pivot bolt sits into a toothed track (like mikrojust plate) you could then move the angle joint axis up/down on the medial/lateral side of the boot and generate a canted cuff.

We see the adaptation of the base of the shell to attempt to lock it to the plate - why not allow the cuff to be aligned neutrally on the boot?
    Gloersen
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,456 Mega Baller
    Someone get some pics at nationals
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,565
    Connelly pulled a rabbit out of the hat with the #iskiconnelly promotion. A good example of clever marketing and leverage of social media.. If I had to hand over the folding stuff for this video... well. Things that make you go hmmmmm
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

Tyler
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 542 Solid Baller
    edited August 2016
    Not nice when company which pretends to be serious uses pokemon-style marketing.
    I decided not to open their page for 1 month minimum.
    Than_Boganthrix
  • jayskijayski Posts: 626 Crazy Baller
    Those that are "mad" or "dislike" it are still talking about it...good marketing outcome like or dislike it
    ISP6ball
  • parkerc2112parkerc2112 Posts: 113 Baller
    @Gloersen maybe a STEMI
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 744 Crazy Baller
    Go to face book search (skiing in motion) and Jon Travers talks about the new edge boot and binding plate
    skialexozski
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,150 Crazy Baller
    If people are talking negatively about your company as a result of an attempt to market a new product.... That is not good marketing.
    ISP6ballOldboyII
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 810 Crazy Baller
    @parkerc2112 - indubitably.
    I think we are overreacting here. Let's wait and see if the product is good or not. If it is we will for sure buy it, if not then not. Who cares about the marketing campaign? These are small waterski equipment companies focused on their product, it is not as if they had an army of marketeers behind.
    At least that's the way I see it. Boycotting the site because we don't agree with a marketing campaign? Come on!
    MattPBill22Horton
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 542 Solid Baller
    Their target group is not a cat that would chase artificial mouse.
    That kind of message in my mailbox happens only once - welcome to spam filter.
    Than_Bogan
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,456 Mega Baller
    I really don't care, just want a heel cup that last more than 2 sets. They can market anyway they want as far as I care as long as the result are there.
    jedgell
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,850 Mega Baller
    Only thing they did wrong is lack of actual hook. Companies do this all the time only they have just enough sneak peek to make you speculate about what it will be. A detail photo of something weird or what not.

Mostly here it's a click on click off.

ISP6ball
  • WishWish Posts: 7,316 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited August 2016
    Guess it is one little teaser after the next. Drip drip drip. I like the new toe cup vs bar.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    I think there is still a bar behind the cup.
  • WishWish Posts: 7,316 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I see that now...strange. What would be the purpose of the cap then?
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    So you guys hate the videos but you can hardly wait to see the product. Seems like success to me

jayskiWishBraceMaker