Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2017 HO Course Collection - HO VTX and Syndicate Series

HortonHorton Posts: 25,665 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

Tagged:
art90notchALPJrfox197Shakeskisunnydaysmnchrisroddysvxwilson

Comments

• art90notchart90notch Posts: 47 Baller
    edited August 2016
    That VTX is a wild looking beast. Interested to ride one after having owned the VTR. Dave said the VTX is confidence inspiring, that is something that I have always looked for in whatever I was doing. Did quite a bit of riding on road courses on a motorcycle and that was always the feel I was looking for. Didn't always want the fastest feeling setup or bike, but something smooth and confidence inspiring I could concentrate on my riding... Just like my skiing.. Awesome stuff!
    fox197
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,665 Administrator
    I heard months ago that this ski would be crazy looking but I did not think it would be this crazy looking. I can hardly wait to try it.

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

IronR1fox197RPTShakeski
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,734 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Boring Video , Same Old , sorry but it doesn,t inspire me , am I being harsh ?

" My Arms Keep Going Numb May Have To Use My Teeth”

MAD11wtrskiorfox197RPTShakeskiMattP
  • ISP6ballISP6ball Posts: 139 Baller
    I love the look. Hopefully it skis as good as it looks!
    fox197
  • WishWish Posts: 7,316 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Good luck putting dual lock on it if that's your boot system of choice. Other then that..cool ski.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,624 Crazy Baller
    New boots too
    fox197
  • WishWish Posts: 7,316 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Looks like it has inserts for all other brands of boots.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 501 Solid Baller
    I really like the look of this ski. Interesting given others are going the bright route of late eg GT, Vapor.
    fox197
  • fox197fox197 Posts: 106 Baller
    I'm pumped for this years HO release. Already put a deposit on a vtx with the ski shop I go thru down under. Can't wait.
    Horton
  • wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    Skiers look like they're turning 90deg at the buoy... very interesting, looking forward to trying it. Finally HO has come around to building a soft boot with removable liner, FINALLY. great job HO
    Shakeski
  • bigtex2011bigtex2011 Posts: 410 Crazy Baller
    cool video.. look forward to seeing them in action.
  • aussiemcaussiemc Posts: 117 Baller
    Interesting that they have gone the same way as another brand, with a deep riding / automatic turning ski. Even the tail design is similar.
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,150 Crazy Baller
    Personally I like the graphics on my 16 black VTR better... Also, they say it rides deeper in the water which I'm pretty sure will normally mean slower. In all likelihood I will probably give one a go next year but when I'm skiing good the VTR is hard to beat for me
    RPTdg1845
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,566
    edited August 2016
    I like the way they have setup the spine for mounting the boots, very clever. Will be really interested in how this new ski performs in the hands of the average guys like myself. The value of stability in a high end ski always seems to take a back seat to the speed conversation. Personally the reference to stability gets my attention. Interesting comment by Asher about taking the pull out past the wakes as well, I don't think he meant just ride the line out...
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

• LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 247 Baller
    edited August 2016
    I'm confused (perhaps from too many barefoot falls last night?)... does the VTX replace the V-Type R in the line up?

Is the VTR (old v-Type R?) now the women's line or is this a new ski too?

As for the 'new boots too' comment, are they new? They look like the 2016 vMax boots I bought last month.
    Baller Index: -31.67
  • thrixthrix Posts: 30 Baller
    @LakeOneSkier legit questions, but getting clear answers ... unlikely. A marketing warm soup.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,641 Mega Baller
    @LakeOneSkier skier I believe they are keeping the VTR and the VTX similar to the old A2/S2 days or D3 still having the Arc and Quest.
    Mark Shaffer
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 542 Solid Baller
    @LakeOneSkier the new boot has removable liner, as they say
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,665 Administrator
    I know there is something new. I am waiting for the press release before I say anything.

@savaiusini

fox197
  • savaiusinisavaiusini Posts: 297 Water Ski Industry Professional
    edited August 2016
    VTR is still a very relevant shape and stays in the line. We'll be offering the VTR in a Women's graphic and layup as well.

VTX is a completely different shape and feel. We've had great success with having two Syndicate skis in the line over the years, so we've moved that direction again for 2017. It just took a couple years in development. When you see one in person and get a chance to ride it, you'll understand why.

As far as new boots, we 'pre-launched' the Syndicate Hardshell system at Nationals this week. It is a collaboration with the guys at Reflex, using their release mechanism, but redesigning the boot/plate interface.
    Sam Avaiusini - Operations Manager, HO Sports Company, Snoqualmie, WA
    HortonALPJrfox197OldboyII
    By 'new boots too' I was referring to the releasable liner boot WA was wearing in the Superlite CX video thread. The Syndicate Hardshell sounds very cool.
    @savaiusini the syndicate hard shell wouldn't happen to be similar or a rebrand of the new edge bindings that JT has released???
  • savaiusinisavaiusini Posts: 297 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @ALPJr Yes, for 2017, vMax gets a removable liner. This is the same heat moldable liner we are offering with the Syndicate Hardshell.

@fox197 We co-developed what you see on the Edge product. JT was instrumental in this process. Ours is identical to Edge, but with Syndicate badging.
    Sam Avaiusini - Operations Manager, HO Sports Company, Snoqualmie, WA
    fox197MattP
    @savaiusini any pic's of the Hardshell ?
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 542 Solid Baller
    It is really an industry milestone when one of majors offers releasable hardshell
    fox197
  • svxwilsonsvxwilson Posts: 42 Baller
    @savaiusini Hopefully you guys run the same $50 demo program next summer. I will be trying both the Syndicate skis with the new bindings if you do before I buy. Will be my first Syndicate equip upgrading from your Superlight crossover equip.

• mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 522 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @ALPJr last photo in the Boise or Bust thread of boots.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    edited August 2016
    Nice looking tight and clean foot bed on the plate. Are the lace holes in the production models - laces an option?
    Deanoski
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 522 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @fox197 Yes that one. Basically a Reflex style release system. Very nice looking setup. @ALPJr it is used as an aggressive skate boot, which has laces. This is a pre-release model, so final production models may not have the lace holes.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller