Hi Ballers, apologies for the long post.
After 9 years of great service, I think my family has outgrown out our current boat. It's not an entirely rational decision, but I have it my head to get a new boat. We have three generations of skiers. Some ski long line at 26-28 mph, others are working on 35 off 34 mph. An important factor is tracking if I hope to get my wife to drive for me. We will trailer the boat and ski on public water with a drop in course.
Please help me decide:
2015 Nautique 200: a bit more expensive, but very used to it from our local club and tournaments.
1) is it worth the extra money?
2) If I get a closed bow, will it not work as well as a family boat?
3) is this the gold standard?
2015 Mastercraft Prostar: (current first choice)
1) Only skied behind it twice. Seemed great at 22' off. Should be good at long line and slower speeds.
2) Is it very loud? Didn't notice.
3) Are the trick wakes inadequate? My son is starting to trick.
4) Is the wake too wide? Is the boat too strong? (things I've heard but can't confirm).
5) How well does it track?
2016 or 2017 Malibu TXi
1) Any reason not to get this one? Seems good all around.
Centurion Carbon Pro
1) Skied behind it once. Seems nice. Only closed bow. How well does it track?
2) Trick wakes?
Anything else I should consider?