How many new PB on new ski?

MichaelGoodmanMichaelGoodman Posts: 115 Baller
edited August 2016 in Skis Fins Bindings

How many new PB on new ski? 37 votes

Set new PB on new ski
70%
rawlyvtjcjhughesToddLLazjayskiskier2788IlivetoskipvysohlidBlueSkiRazorRoss3JibboBill22Greg BanishMattLwtrskiorkingshreddsfriisShakeskiart90notch 26 votes
Did not add any balls
13%
CamBoozeRalph LeeOnic Palandjianadkh2oskier 5 votes
Did not set new PB but skiing better than I have in Years
16%
DaveDskiboynydavid_skiSkiJayRPTCent 6 votes

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 25,038 Administrator
    I don't understand the pole

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• MichaelGoodmanMichaelGoodman Posts: 115 Baller
    @Horton Just wondering how many people who have recently purchased new ski's say in the last one or two years have actually improved there buoy count?
    edited August 2016
    @MichaelGoodman problem is some people got new skis that weren't as good as the ski they had before. Some people were on absolutely terrible skis and anything could be better. And so on...

meh. Whatever. hopefully folks will have fun talking about their new stuff.

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

jayski
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,117 Crazy Baller
    Set new PB on new ski
    Went from V type to VTR and went from [email protected] to [email protected] Could have been 4 but didn't wanna risk it. VTR just wasn't stable enough for me out of the ball so I'm back on the V type
  • DaveLemonsDaveLemons Posts: 272 Solid Baller
    edited August 2016
    How long after buying the new ski? Do you mean immediate results? By the end of the season or next season?
    davestaxidermystudio.com
    Horton
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    In the last three years I've ridden 8 skis. All of them have been within a buoy of each other, and all right at not my personal best, but my "that was a good day" score at least one time. The difference has been consistency of hitting that score, and the ease with which I get there. It seems to me that a number of the newer skis are just easier on my body, so while I don't necessarily pick up buoys, I'm picking up good scores more often with less tax on my body.
    Jim Ross
    MichaelGoodmanPat Msfriis
  • Nautique196Nautique196 Posts: 4 Baller
    Great story espn! There is hope for me yet!!!
    @ESPNSkier awesome stuff.

• ESPNSkierESPNSkier Posts: 121 Baller
    Set new PB on new ski
    Thanks @Nautique196 and @Horton, reading this forum got me fired up again and I am really enjoying skiing again!
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 261 Baller
    Set new PB on new ski
    From an old ski to Mapple T2 it was not diffucult to have a much better PB at practice and in tournament too almost at the first ride......
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,284 Mega Baller
    Set new PB on new ski
    When I switch from an O'brien Elite to a Razor 2 I ran -32 my first set. When I switched from the Razor 2 to my Current Mapple 6.0 I ran -32 in tournament for the first time and in 2 seasons have increased my tournament best from [email protected] to [email protected]
    MichaelGoodmanRalph Lee
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 261 Baller
    Set new PB on new ski
    I forgot to tell that last year was 6 at 28mph and this year is 4 at 34mph and 60 years old like @ESPNSkier and started slaloming for the 3rd season. Thank's to BOS for having this giant amount of informations and tips techniques etc....
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,702 Mega Baller
    Set new PB on new ski
    The last 2 skis that I bought took me to new Tournament PBs. Honestly, @ESPNSkier nailed it. Renewed or increased interest drives improvement. New skis help, but skiing with skiers who can help take you to the next level, makes just as much if not more of an impact. Add BOS and the knowledge sharing that goes on here and you have a recipe for PBs.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 274 Baller
    Set new PB on new ski
    #RADARSKIS ; #RADARNATION