Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vMax Bindings - try again or move on?

LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 241 Baller
edited August 2016 in Skis Fins Bindings
Last month I finally switched from 15 years of Animal bindings to the 2016 HO vMax bindings. I went to my somewhat local proshop not expecting vMax to be at the top of the list, but they were. Tried on vMax, Radar Vapor and Connelly Sync bindings and chose the vMax.

Obviously different than a 5 year old worn out set of Animals, I did not know what to expect on my first set but they felt good right away; out of the buoy and cross course control was greatly improved, which was my goal for new bindings, and I could feel the potential. Skied them for 3 more weeks (maybe 10 sets?) and they were great. Overall comfort, feel, control was excellent. I was surprised how easily I adapted to them and was skiing season PB's (in practice!). Could not have been more satisfied with my purchase.

Then... I stuffed the tip and the mounting bracket broke:

I knew this was a problem when these boots were first released but according to posts by @savaiusini they made a change to a stonger plate to correct this. Since I purchased the boots 4 weeks ago I thought I had the 'new and improved' stronger plate. Apparenlty not?

@savaiusini, before I move on and try other binding options how would I know if I have the latest and greatest, and if I do is this just a design flaw? I've had people say 'yeah you can modify them with a large washer so the tension is better distributed'... but I really don't want to have to 'modify' a brand new $500 pair of bindings.
Baller Index: -31.67
Tagged:

Comments

• OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 532 Solid Baller
    May be it saved your ankle?
  • savaiusinisavaiusini Posts: 292 Water Ski Industry Professional
    edited August 2016
    @LakeOneSkier Very sorry to see this!!! It's likely you have a pair that were sitting on the retailer's shelf for a while. Sounds like you were skiing well with them, so I definitely would like for you to try again. Email me directly and we can discuss replacement options. [email protected]
    Sam Avaiusini - Operations Manager, HO Sports Company, Snoqualmie, WA
  • LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 241 Baller
    edited September 2016
    @savaiusini Thank you for the call! And the new boots! I can't wait to give them a try. :smiley:

I didn't mention this on the call, but I'm a long time HO customer (Phantom, Monza, A1, A2, A3 (my son's) and multiple pairs of Animals over the years) and have never had an issue with any of your products. It's great to see that when I do have an issue you stand behind your product and offer such great customer service. Thank you.

I'm looking forward to putting a new VTX under these new boots next spring. B)

rockdogwtrskiorShakeski
  • GarnGarn Posts: 431 Crazy Baller
    Impressive service!
  • LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 241 Baller
    Update... it appears the bindings I purchased were a bit old and did not have the updated plate. The updated plates have a '7' stamped on them, mine did not.
  • ShakeskiShakeski Posts: 85 Baller
    @savaiusini.... 2017 vMax available? I do not want to wait until surf expo to see these things.... haha! Great to see the top level customer service/support from HO!!
    Just have a couple 10/11 available currently... Luckily this was the size @LakeOneSkier needs!
    darinmontgomery
  • ShakeskiShakeski Posts: 85 Baller
    @savaiusini 10/11 you say... (that is my size as well...) Haha! But I can wait... just very excited for these boots after seeing the teasers and the one Will was wearing when he ran 41' off on the 2017 CX superlite.
    @Shakeski Hit up the local or online dealer of your choice. They should be able to get an order placed for you. We will be shipping these very soon.
    Shakeski
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 506 Water Ski Industry Professional
    edited September 2016
    @savaiusini I'm excited to see the new VMax boots also. They should work well on my release system. See you at Expo next week.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller