New 2017 Response

I was talking to my local Malibu dealer yesterday and he said they are making changes but did not know the details yet. @Chad_Scott others anything you can tell us? Are we talking a whole new hull or minor stuff?
- President of the Utah Water Ski Club
- Owner of the FireFan Water Ski League
gsm_peter

Comments

• oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,444 Mega Baller
    I heard new running surface and 3 different price point versions. No idea if it is true
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 488 Crazy Baller
    All new hull, all new interior. SV23 hull variants dead after coming on the scene in 1993. Not a bad run, but they've taken that as far as she'll go.
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,348 Mega Baller
    Interesting . . . new is fun! (although I have no issues with the way the current TXi skis)
    Jim Ross
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,661 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    IMHO. The TXi with a Mastercraft interior would be then end all/be all. I'm hoping against hope that they don't screw what is a truly great hull.
    MattProdecon
  • PorkfightPorkfight Posts: 180 Baller
    Fingers crossed for it to stay family friendly.
  • SethroSethro Posts: 161 Baller
    I'm with you @MrJones That basic hull has been around since 1993 for a reason...it works! The new one MUST be better, and I mean MUST in terms of it better be or they've really screwed up.
  • mlangemlange Posts: 140 Baller
    Ok. We can't have people saying... it's all new, etc... w/out providing some details.

Can anyone share more than that???
    Jack Kinne
  • Chad_ScottChad_Scott Posts: 340 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Details to come soon I can assure you they did not screw up the hull Slow speed wakes are better and trick wake appears to be better with out adding weight Details will be out soon. @MrJones I think you will be happy All I can give you now
    scotchipmankstateskier
  • LLUSALLUSA Posts: 195 Solid Baller
    I have to agree @ Chad_Scott is dead on this one
    LLUSA, Sr Driver, AWSA Board of Directors, Towboat Committee,Lake Owner
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,563 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Could someone divulge if they're really doing 3 price points? I guess I'm curious if they'll offer a "base" model, perhaps to replace the LXR?
    Scott Calderwood
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,747 Mega Baller
    @swc5150, my guess is that all 3 of those price points will be above the LXR.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,563 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @MISkier I think you'll be correct. The LXR was also priced considerably higher than I assumed it would be. When I was last considering a new boat, I could've purchased a TXi promo for $8k less than the LXR. No brainer there.
    Scott Calderwood
    pmayeda
    LXR is dead. That running surface is from 1998 IIRC (or '99 when they added the trunk). Hell of a run out of those molds too. Hope they don't destroy those.
    Lovell
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 394 Solid Baller
    edited September 2016
    Ok...so as per @Chad_Scott slow speed slalom wakes are better(low wake height) and trick wakes are better(higher wake height or at least more peak). These 2 things are not usually able to be produced with the same static hull.....hmmm.
    Broussard
  • ejjejj Posts: 73 Baller
    They can't put tabs on a certified hull can they?
  • InthedayIntheday Posts: 108 Baller
    Why not nautique do?
  • mlangemlange Posts: 140 Baller
    edited September 2016
    Talked to my dealer this weekend and asked him if he saw it since he was visiting the factory 2-3 weeks ago. He said he saw a drawing of it, but they wouldn't show the actual boat. About the only thing he could really share was that the windshield sounds like it's similar to the new Prostar.

Was hoping for more info.

Mike
  • bigtex2011bigtex2011 Posts: 351 Solid Baller
    Looking forward to getting ours in the Spring
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,260 Mega Baller
    Anyone know when they are coming to the market. 2017 gonna be here soon.
    November is what I've heard. Also heard same as Mike about windscreen, which I'm not a fan of.
    I would say production will begin in November (give or take) The boats will be at the USA Waterski Boat test at the end of October. I am sure the production will ramp up soon after. Building a few now to be utilized at the boat test,
    scotchipmantrishel41
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 394 Solid Baller
    edited September 2016
    @Chad_Scott Will we get a sneak peak before/during the boat tests or does the testing and approval need to take place first before any info is released?
    I doubt it!! but that decision is above my pay grade (which is zero BTW). As soon as I am allowed I will post some pics and details about the new boat. Malibu Keeping under wraps at this time
    scotchipmanEd_JohnsonDacon62
    For a company that's notoriously bad at keeping secrets, they're really keeping details scant on this one!
    Guess they are not too bad at it then. This project has been in the works for over a year. Will be out soon I am sure. I know I am excited and looking forward to the changes
    Bill22
  • SethroSethro Posts: 161 Baller
    C'mon. Give us something! At least they aren't sending out annoying teasers with nothing to offer like MC has been doing.
  • BbrandauBbrandau Posts: 56 Baller
    I hear it has no wake by using a top secret levitation system that also has an auto-guidance system so the driver can finally turn around and watch!
    DaveD
  • BbrandauBbrandau Posts: 56 Baller
    If MasterCraft was smart enough, they would have waited the extra year for Marty McFly to share his hoverboard technology.