Brooks Wilson to assume the role of Radar Brand Manager

HortonHorton Posts: 23,517 Administrator

Radar waterskis is proud to announce Brooks Wilson will reside the post of Brand Manager. A very dynamic position overseeing the design, production, marketing, and sales of every product with the Radar name on it.

We used this quote from one of our countries true great leaders in regards to the backbone of a successful brand manager. "People must have the self-confidence to be clear, precise, to be sure that every person in their organization—highest to lowest—understands what the business is trying to achieve.” - Jack Welch. Somebody that really understands the business - where it is today, where it is going tomorrow and how it will get there in a simple pragmatic manner. When we started the search with this mindset there was only 1 name on our list - Brooks Wilson.

At the ripe young age of 26 Brooks has pretty much been there and done that in the world of watersports - with the exception of fulfilling the hot seat as the Radar Skis Brand Manager.

As a skier - He’s been a National Waterski Champion, Jr. Masters & US Open Champion, and stood on Pro Podiums.

As an ambassador - Brooks spent years on the road throughout the states, and all the way to to Australia, South Africa and Europe for clinics, competitions and demos.

As a marketer - He created a waterski community called Radar Nation - an interactive ski site for likeminded skiers across the globe.

As a leader - Brooks has always lead by example - setting an example for those around him.

As a friend - We couldn’t be more excited to have his energy at Square 1 Distribution on a daily basis.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Tagged:
Bulldogm_pagsnleuthALPJrMattPmmosley899BroussardUWSkierToddLSkoot1123Razorskier1Bill22Mateo VargascragginshredJordanNandoShakeskiskihartZmanMZitoJody_SealDmaxJC_ski

Comments

• DragoDrago Posts: 841 Crazy Baller
    Smart. Congrat's Brooks and RadaR
    Than_BoganShakeski
  • rawlyrawly Posts: 438 Baller
    Congratulations Brooks. Welcome to the west coast. Radar is lucky to have you on their team.When I heard the news , I was happy for you and your career , but a bit sad for all of the skiers that rely on your coaching , myself included. I'm sure your hectic schedule will still allow you to do a bit of coaching when you are out there promoting the brand. Enjoy the next chapter of your life !
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 874 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Congrats Brooks! I hope you enjoy the ride and the filling of Sully's big shoes!
  • schaferschafer Posts: 280 Baller
    Really Excited for you @brooks . You're enthusiasm for this sport/addiction is contagious. I wish you and Radar nothing but the best in this new chapter.
    Quest for the Purple Loop
    pgmoore
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,359 Mega Baller
    Smart move by Radar
  • rq0013rq0013 Posts: 536 Baller
    Yeah Buddy!!! This will be a great opportunity and adventure for you and Corrie. Big things to come! Congrats!!
    Rob Quetschke
  • WishWish Posts: 6,742 Mega Baller
    Umm..what happened to Sully?
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,879 Moderator
    @Wish he took a position with MasterCraft Boats as the Northwest Buisness Development Manager back in August.

@brooks congrats man! I know you will do great things with the Radar brand!
    Wish
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 450 Crazy Baller
    edited September 2016
    Look at how well Brooks and KC built the Wilson Bros brand. This bodes well for him. Congrats!
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 773 Crazy Baller
    He is going to kill it!!!
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    schafer
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 572 Crazy Baller
    Rad! Radar couldn't ask for a better ambassador for their brand.
    schafer
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,080 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Very wise choice, I'm sure Brooks will bring more fresh ideas to the table, can't wait to see the progression of the radar brand/family
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    cragginshred
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,701 Mega Baller
    Congrats, @brooks
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 682 Solid Baller
    IM stoked for the new chapter with Brooks at Radar skis!!
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 121 Baller
    Brooks is a great guy and an awesome coach! I'm sure he will do very well at Radar.
  • cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 639 Crazy Baller
    Brooks is the right guy! He did a video coaching for me last fall and it was very helpful.
    I will say I was bummed to not see a RADAR booth at the Cali Pro Am last weekend.
    Vapor pro 2017
    met him last year-ish. He dropped by to pick up an item dropped off by a mutual friend. We were skiing at the time. Thought I'd be just handing him the items and he'd on the way. He asked if he could ride along. Heck ya!! Next thing we know he is coaching 2 of us for full sets each. And nailing exactly what was needed for each skier. Telling us what is going well and telling us what needs to be a focus. And he did it in a way where you could tell he wanted the light to come on in your eyes before he let you ski. And then there is the car he's tooling around in. Hope he's not taking it out West. Not sure it would make it. Great guy, great coach, humble and very approachable. Good pick Radar. FL loss for sure.
    cragginshredBill22
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 344 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited September 2016
    No better man for the job, so stoked for @brooks very well deserved. Cant wait to see where he takes the brand in the future! Excited to have him on the west coast for sure. Like @MattP said For everyone that is curious a few weeks ago Chris Sullivan started working with Mastercraft; got an offer he couldn't pass up. He is super excited for his future with them, Will miss him being at Radar!
    Cole Giacopuzzi • Radar Skis
  • NandoNando Posts: 339 Baller
    Great guy for the job! Okay, Wish, what's the car?
    White Lightning could make it anywhere that Brroks wants to drive it. Good old Chevy pickup 350 powered.
    When he was here he had a station wagon. Like a 1970s-ish one. He seemed really proud of it. Kinda felt bad when I chuckled asking about it. In hindsight...very practical for a skier and wet gear.
    In April he was driving White Lightning, he loves that truck. Looks well worn but highly functional.
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 344 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    haha the good ol chevy white lightning is sadly gone, Loved that thing though, he has a newer truck now!
    Cole Giacopuzzi • Radar Skis
  • wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    got to ski with Brooks a few years ago at the boarding school and it was a stellar experience. I could tell he had a mind for the business side of the sport, but I'm sad to hear he will be moving out west, that is a great loss to the boarding school!
  • ktm300ktm300 Posts: 362 Baller
    I love it when the good guys win. Congrats Brooks
    schafer
  • brooksbrooks Posts: 144 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I also have had a lot of incredible cars through the years and I am sure I will have more to come! I love how many memories many of you have brought up here, stoked for the memories to come as well.
    RichardDoanedvskierBroussardDeanoski