Anna Gay sets world record

DragoDrago Posts: 841 Crazy Baller
that's it?, no story?
where,when,maybe an interview?
thagerMuskokaKyjayskiDefectiveDave

Comments

• EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,286 Historical Baller
    More important, how about the video from the boat? Which has to exist, or it can't be
    considered for a record.
    RazorRoss3
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 643 Crazy Baller
    Don't see anything about Jacinta Carroll setting the new female jump record either.
    Travis Torley
    andjulesozski
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,517 Administrator
    In the case of trick world record the videos are usually not public until the judges have approved it or not. This is to keep the peanut gallery from influencing the judges.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,145 Crazy Baller
    I think she was in a skiing position when she crossed the line and therefore should get the world record.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
    MattPToddLDefectiveDaveHortonRazorRoss3Broussard
  • DragoDrago Posts: 841 Crazy Baller
    awesome stuff. I imagine Anna and Erica will keep pushing each other upward. can't wait to see the video, just to watch, not judge.
    Russell
    Eh? What line? What gate buoys? This is about a tricking event. Although, back-back in
    the Olde Daze, there were start buoys in tricks. Also a shore and boat flag person. And,
    a jump ramp in the course. With form and rideout bonus.
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 795 Crazy Baller
    @Russell is Anna closing in on your PB? What's the bet you have with her for that one?
    She would have to get to over 12k to equal/beat Russell. Could be quite a while.
  • thompjsthompjs Posts: 511 Baller
    At Aquaplex she scored 10,610 twice in L Class tourn. Submitting for Natl Record in case WR is turned down.

• MAD11MAD11 Posts: 575 Crazy Baller
    edited October 2016
    @thompjs think you mean at SMRR. Let's not get @Moskier3ev all worked up correcting you on this one giving the plex credit for a big score. Congrats to everyone down there. Sounded like a great event and sorry I missed it while flying back to a 3rd world destination again.

Hey @Edbrazil whats your definition of awhile? I give her til spring and the old man's PB is going down.
    ESPNSkierRussell
    I'm idiot
    ESPNSkier
    12k tricks is a BIG number. Best I know, only Nick, Ace, Pierre, Jimmy, and ?Russell
    have done it.
    Although, I can see the Womens record eventually surpassing the Mens. Just look at
    women gymnastic floor exercises.
    Maybe the next goal should be 11k. Several men are in the 11 range.
    eleeskiBroussard
  • Moskier3evMoskier3ev Posts: 150 Baller
    Hey @mad11 we got T$ around 5@41. If @thompjs would have gotten that wrong...might have riled the feathers... It might not have happened if Jim wasn't here we lost a judge on Friday. Having Terry D Thompson here made a dumb end of the tape guys job pretty easy!! Thanks for loaning us your camera worked flawless and saved us putting a judge on the berm.

Jeff
    @mad11, Yes thanks for the camera loan. SMRR is working building same rig for next year. Worked flawlessly

Jeffy-- I has just read Aquaplex thread when came here to post. After all the beers at your place, wasn't sure where I was.
  • Moskier3evMoskier3ev Posts: 150 Baller
    Beers anytime!!! I thought it was the coffee in the am...that kept you going.
  • TonyLightfootTonyLightfoot Posts: 37 Baller
    Here's the performance on 09/27/2016...
    dchristmanBruce_ButterfieldMuskokaKyandjules
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 833 Mega Baller
    I love that nonchalant playing with her ponytail at the end of the toe pass - as if it was no effort. Pass 2 - W7B, credit?
    Patience is the key to Joy.
    eleeskiRussell
    I hate to be critical because I can only dream of doing what Anna can do, but I also have to question the SLBB ... I see so many that look like that.
    eleeskiRussell
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,031 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    @dchristman All good!You won't see better. I gave you dislikes because the sport needs stoke, not excessive and unjustified nit picking. And I just saw a bunch of high level runs for comparison at College Nationals.

Anna rocks! Congratulations.

Eric
    Drago
    Sorry to be picking nits, @eleeski , but we're talking about a world record. Like I said, I hate to be critical because it is an AMAZING performance.
    RazorRoss3
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,517 Administrator
    This record run was denied but Anna has at least one more pending record under review. Please note that only one trick was not credited in the above video. Anna will have the record soon.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

RazorRoss3
    edited October 2016
    W7B looks OK in real time, but she may have landed a bit short of fully back. Today's
    skis are sure forgiving. On the toe pass: TWLO nc, TS not slid 2m. Current World Record
    procedure involves sending the video out to the World Tournament Council (16.08g), so it
    is not a swift process, and involves many people reviewing the runs.
    She does have a score of 10610 in multiple tournaments.
    Interesting Rule is that an inadvertent tip tick on the water during the rotation no longer
    NCs a wake trick in AWSA, but I can't find that in IWWF.
    For the YouTube video, which can be played full-screen, this is the URL:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhQFGhd2gRg&feature=youtu.be

Russelleleeski
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,838 Mega Baller
    @Edbrazil just trying to learn. What is your reasoning on the TWLO?
    Mark Shaffer
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,031 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    At trick speeds, 2m takes less than a quarter second (I did the math). Just for reference, try clicking a stopwatch for a quarter second. My fingers move faster than I can see. A ski is a lot more substantial than a hovering finger. I contend that it is not physically possible to move a ski fast enough from a full 90 in less than 2m. Eric
    Bruce_Butterfielddabeej20
    @Russell

I was at SMRR and judged one of her rounds there. Her W7B came up a bit shorter that the vid above.
    I thought the one posted above was good.
    I had not ever watched her trick, her toe pass was so clean and fast. Really was glad I was there to see it.
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,164 Mega Baller
    As someone who could be called "less than graceful" on a trick ski, I always think it's just cool to watch any of the elites put down a big run and the world record runs are even more fun since you know you're watching the best of the best.

Great skiing.
    MickeyThompson