Sacha Descuns is the 10th man in history to run 41 off at 36 mph (58K)!

HortonHorton Posts: 23,558 Administrator
edited October 2016 in Breaking News
1. Jeff Rodgers - 1997
2. Andy Mapple - 1998
Ben Favret - 2002 - Boat Path Issue
3. Jamie Beauchesne - 2003
4. Chris Parrish - 2005
5. Will Asher - 2008
*Thomas Degasperi - 2009 (Run Off)
6. Nate Smith - 2010
7. Jon Travers - 2012
8. Freddie Winter - 2014
9. Corey Vaughn - 2015

Jeff Rogers - 55k 2012
Andy Mapple - 55k 2014
*Frederic Halt - 55k 2014

* Run-off

Much more details to follow!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

bishop8950Razorskier1mylemskydancin4MuskokaKyBill22GaryWilkinson

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,558 Administrator

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• RogerRoger Posts: 1,416 Crazy Baller
    Not sure of the year, but I'm pretty sure Lucky Lowe ran it at a cash prize tournament in Georgia a few years back. I think it might have been a class C though if that matters.
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,377
    Impressive skiing, its good to see a few guys coming through to keep Nate on his game.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

• dancin4dancin4 Posts: 10 Baller
    Amazing skiing and now the women last week are entering the same line off too.
    It would be interesting to know what equipment, boat and conditions/locations.
    We should also give the drivers credit too....?
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,621 Mega Baller
    Even though I heard of this fellow for the first time about 3 weeks ago, I'm kind of excited to see what he can do. He looks extremely athletic and possibly could still have a little room to get even better!!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    nzguy
  • alex38alex38 Posts: 442 Baller
    He did an interview with waterski magazine years ago. I believe he was able to run 41 at 34 as a youngster in practice. If anyone knows how to dig that up it might be cool to reread, (and check my facts)
    MuskokaKyRalph Lee
  • adkh2oskieradkh2oskier Posts: 102 Baller
    Trivia. Does anyone know if all the above skiers total # of 41s equals the # Nate has run?
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 227 Baller
    He did run it in a small village southwest of the France. They have a lake and a tournament there. Great skiing from this guy for sure
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,673 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    adkh2oskier,
    I don't know the number, but I would put a $100 on it not being close. Seems Nate was in the high eighties a year or more ago. Given several of those listed have "only" run it one or two times I think my bet is very safe...
    MISkier
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,377
    I've heard more than one skier comment that they want to be the first to run 9.75 which may or may not be possible... But what about 9.99m and being the first skier to break the 10m barrier?
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

ESPNSkierTom Anderson
  • Ralph LeeRalph Lee Posts: 492
    I'm pretty sure wade cox said he's got to 4 ball in practice. I'm not sure if Nate has it in him? But I think someone is going to run it in the next 200 years or so...
    Than_Boganski6jones
  • CamCam Posts: 273 Baller
    edited October 2016
    Schnitz did an "Innerview" with Sacha back in 2005 here is a link to it http://www.schnitzskis.com/innerviews.html
    alex38Texas6
  • alex38alex38 Posts: 442 Baller
    @Cam That's it!! I knew I saw that somewhere. Thank you!
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,827 Mega Baller
    "I'm pretty suspicious of anything that happens at 41 in France. Sincerely, Jamie Beauchesne" A joke, of course.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    Texas6
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,080 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    If memory serves correct, Wade ran 5.25@41 at a record in trophy lakes.
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    gsm_peter
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,880 Moderator
    I will dig out my 41s per skier list. Nate does have more than everyone else combined.
    Hortonkeithh2oskier
  • 94009400 Posts: 553 Solid Baller
    @Skidawg it was at least that, I was there and if I remember correctly it was a 5-1/2 and a handle rocket at the boat.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 841 Crazy Baller
    someone may have started this?: would. be interesting to see 10th running 35, 38, 39, 41 on a curve. will 10 people ever run 43 without some kind of rule change? i think Brettt Thurley was the 10th to run 39 in 1996?
    BCskiierbrettthurley
  • scokescoke Posts: 617 Baller

Euro tournaments are the best!!!
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=yYSfXp8U5-M
    skidawgRichardDoane
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,080 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @9400 , I was there also, it was so cool watching Wade go deep
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 796 Crazy Baller
    I know Lucky ran 41@34 in Georgia at Jody Johnson's 1st Cash Prize tournament for over 35's. 2001
  • EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,288 Historical Baller
    @drago I don't know about the 10th to run 39, but the first and second were Mike
    Kjellander then Andy Mapple. Oct. 29 then Oct. 30, 1988. From late 1988 through 1996,
    Andy was the sole record-holder as he increased the record in increments up to 4.5.
    gsm_peterspartanskier10Drago
  • Ralph LeeRalph Lee Posts: 492
    All 6 at 39.5 in 1988 is amazing!!
    Dragokeithh2oskier
  • OTFOTF Posts: 320 Crazy Baller
    While running all 6 @ 39.5 1988 was amazing they had a slight advantage.......Appetite for Destruction was still a fresh release. Kudos to the guys who run 41, with the crap music that is released today im surprised anyone can learn a deep water start.
    skidawgpumpinpete
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 796 Crazy Baller
    please put down the crack pipe....really...we need all the skiers we can get.
    @liquid d mmmmm I don't get your sarcasm. Who are you referring to? What is your point?

@otf Appetite for Destruction is still the greatest rock album of all time

skidawgOTFwtrskiorbishop8950DaveDrockdogBulldog
  • OTFOTF Posts: 320 Crazy Baller
    @horton agreed, my 9yr old autistic son spins it daily.............never gets old

MattPDrago
  • Chad_ScottChad_Scott Posts: 357 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    what are the chances of ever seeing the end course video
    wtrskioraupatkingJohn Brooksozski