ULM Water Ski Team wins 27th National Title!!!

HortonHorton Posts: 23,558 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

mylemsky

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,558 Administrator
    edited October 2016
    Super stoked my nephew Z.Taylor got a title with ULM.

This was me getting mine at NLU/ULM way back when

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

skidawg
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,673 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Details anywhere? From the sparse info we could find from a few posts here and there I though The Cajuns were looking good as jump was underway???
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,558 Administrator

eleeski
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 796 Crazy Baller
    It was webcast too.
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,362 Mega Baller
    Top Four were pretty close. Good to see some competition.
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,177 Mega Baller
    Who won D2?
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 450 Crazy Baller
    Miami University
    RazorRoss3
    @blueski, it appears it was Miami of Ohio according to the team Midwest facebook post I just saw.
    Horton
    edited October 2016
    @RazorRoss3 you are absolutely correct. Miami University is the Ohio school (I skied there, so I am very happy to see them doing well). University of Miami is the Florida school. I never got used to the "of Ohio" that came after my time and I blame Wally Szczerbiak and Ben Roethlisberger for the goofy Miami (Ohio) parenthetical. Until they came along, we had no TV sports coverage and thus, no need for geographic explanation on the ESPN ticker.
    RazorRoss3
    Fair enough, although we wouldn't want the wrong school getting credit for a Team Midwest Win so I'm glad I specified! I've been helping coach the University of Texas team this fall since I moved to Austin and they were saying how they were glad they qualified but a little bummed about coming in last in D2, I had to explain that with the Midwest sending as many teams as they do to D2 that it's pretty hard to compete. With the number of teams in the region if a team makes it to nationals they're most likely 5 scores deep in 5/6 events and 4 deep in the 6th and probably a few podium worthy skiers in a few events as well which is hard to compete with in D2.
    BlueSki
    Glad you clarified as well. I am just old and set in my ways. There is quite a bit of good skiing among the Midwest teams. Good to see.