Centurion Carbon Pro canned?

osuskiiersheaosuskiiershea Posts: 12 Baller
Does anyone know if the Carbon Pro has been discontinued? Was on their website today and it is no longer on there.

https://centurionboats.com/boats/
LZywicki1

Comments

• MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 165 Baller
    @osuskiiershea it was on their website a month ago, so this is something very recent. I had been looking into a new CB and even reached out to @Horton last month to ask him a question about them. I had never seen a back seat in a Carbon pro and even on their website, their pics didn't show a back bench...so i reached out to @horton to see if it was an option...and it does come with a back bench in case you are wondering. Anyways, Glad to hear they are keeping it around!
  • jdarwinjdarwin Posts: 1,375 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Centurion and Supreme share the same address in Merced. Therein may lie the answer.
    Joe Darwin
    MSJody_SealBulldogGloersen
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 348 Solid Baller
    @MuskokaKy there are 'back seats' available for the CP. They look like this and they are easy handle too.

RichardDoane
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,886 Mega Baller
    @Horton What is retail for a typical CP?
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • JayG80JayG80 Posts: 67 Baller
    edited November 2016
    You can see CP pricing on ski it again for promos listed at 45 to 50k
  • wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    Correct craft owns centurion and supreme now as understand it. Could be some alignment going on. It would make sense for correct craft to offer a more price friendly model through their already extensive dealer network. The carbon pro would fit this niche well I'd think
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,823 Administrator
    @lpskier what is the typical retail for any 3 event boat? Seems like there are too many options and other factors for there to be a straight answer. The CarbonPro is for sure the economical choice when you compare equally equipped boats.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

dancin
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,646 Mega Baller
    Is the back of a CP significantly lower than a Malibu? Not sure I would call those seats, more like seat cushions on the floor.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,421 Crazy Baller
    @santangelo has a 2017 on the way, so they are certainly still making them.
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
    HortonRAWSkiBdecker
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 348 Solid Baller
    They do sit low but the cushions are raised on a small base and fairly thick. Had some people in them a couple weeks ago for the first time, just taking a evening cruise, they both commented on how surprisingly comfortable they were and it was "cool" to be down so close to the water.
    Horton
  • dbutcherdbutcher Posts: 213 Baller
    Did you notice the Centurion/Supreme ad on page 43 of the Sep.-Oct. Water Skier magazine? It may have more meaning than meets the eye.
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 346 Crazy Baller
    My bet is that it will be built under the Supreme brand, which has a long heritage as a competitive ski boat back into the late 70's before it became a wakeboard only brand in recent years.
    Gloersen
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 263 Baller
    Whatever the reality is, they need to understand this industry is small enough people find stuff out, and so no news or updates allows possibly false news to spread. The boat is not order-able for Centurion dealers last I knew, which seems to be another wrinkle in this whole thing, who sells and services Centrurion/Supreme? CC dealers don't necessarily want to take that on.
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 263 Baller
    Thank you, that is good to hear.
  • MSMS Posts: 4,303 Mega Baller
    I have one of my guys looking into it now.
    Shut up and ski
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,199 Mega Baller
    I thought they were crossing some aspects of Supreme and CP to create some synergies in parts and production and that they thought they could lower production cost and make a better boat at the same time. I could be blowing complete smoke out my you know where though ;)
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,652 Mega Baller
    @RazorRoss3 Cheaper-but-even-better boat would not suck! Maybe there's still hope for me to buy a brand new boat again some day!? (Yeah, probably not.)
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,877 Crazy Baller
    I for one cannot stand the back seats in boats/dealing w/ them for batteries, fuel tank access, rudder services etc.

Those look great to me - although if I were designing they'd be fold down jump seats from the sides.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,646 Mega Baller
    @BraceMaker what kind of ski boat has a battery in the back?
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,823 Administrator
    @oldjeep old MC

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

ozski
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,890 Crazy Baller
    @oldjeep our 2015 Prostar
    Bob Grizzi
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,394
    People would line up to buy that boat, its a no brainer..
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

Hortoneleeski
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 668 Crazy Baller
    CC tried to sell the "stripped down ski machine" in 1993 (and maybe a few through 94), it must not have really taken off. It was called the SN "Standard". Smallest motor, 1:1 trans, all white exterior, no motorbox vinyl, no combing pads, optional/simple rear seat, etc.

Personally I think the "sell the 196 as some other brand" idea is sacrilege– we've gotta stop bringing that up.

wtrskioreleeskiaupatking
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,529 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    There won't be a cheap 196 it would cannibalize expensive 200 sales.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Than_BoganFast351
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,351 Crazy Baller
    edited November 2016
    @jhughes they made that boat in 94 too. Skied one in NH about 15 years ago. Was a great work horse and easy to care for. I'd like to find one for my next tug.