UsaSki Witch Hunt

skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,080 Open or 55K Rated Skier
Posting up for discussion: several top rated senior drivers and lake owners are being accused of cheating and under investigation by a select few w in Usaski. I don't want to make a long post so keeping it brief:

1. Should someone be judged and sentenced without warning, notification or due process?
2. Should someone be judged from small samples and marginal data?
3. Should someone be penalized for having 1 bad day (if that's the case) when they have pulled national records in the books a?
4. Should every skier at said tournament have their score taken away from that tournament from all drivers participating?
There are many Ballers in the know- all the info needs to be public, not pidgen holed by a few select egos with personal vendettas!

Let's get this started!
Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
FLeboeufthagerDirtMSFWinteraupatkingjdarwinBulldogsantangelo

Comments

• EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,287 Historical Baller
    Ahem: the phrase is "pigeonholed". This is a broad accusation: what is the evidence and
    what are the people and the sites?
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,080 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    The biggest issue regardless of the site/people is how this situation has been handled by the elites!
    There was no warnings, notification, zero chance for the drivers to speak their mind. I'm not an English major, u figured out which word I was using!!!
    FWinter
    Evidence is minimal- objective and judgemental
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,620 Mega Baller
    Guessing you mean subjective?
    Sorry to continue the wordsmithing, but objective is the opposite so this kinda matters.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    wtrskior
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,819 Mega Baller
    I was a judge at the tournament. No one spoke to me. A European record, already approved by the appropriate governing body, is potentially on the line. There were three great drivers at the tournament with good scores behind all of them. I'm not sure what the beef is with any part of a great tournament.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    bigtex2011FWinterozski
    more info will come out- everyone on all levels needs to speak up.
  • bigtex2011bigtex2011 Posts: 369 Crazy Baller
    It's interesting. If I where pulled over for speeding the protocol is to get a ticket or a warning not a year long jail sentence. I've seen a lot crazy things over all the years I've skied tournaments and been a member of AWSA. This is hands down the the biggest load of poo I've ever seen.

It's a shame. I'm afraid our national awsa leadsership has truly lost the ability to make good common sense decisions.

randy menyjdarwin
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 608 Crazy Baller
    What is UsaSki?
    Savvy1983
    @Mark_Matis - exactly, why deal with BS when u can ski and have fun!
    wolfgang
  • MSMS Posts: 4,285 Mega Baller
    How does all this stuff happen in Dec and not back in Sep? Its very cold up here in Minnesota right now but I can still come up with better stuff to do compared to how they waste their time.
    Shut up and ski
    Mrs_MS
  • EFWEFW Posts: 86 Baller
    @skidawg if you apply the questions in your post to an everyday life analogy - corporate america-it happens everyday. Falsely accuse someone-unjustly punish the accused-and then not let the accused defend themselves. It is unfortunate but all too common a reality.
    Simply because you or I and others may exhibit honesty integrity and loyalty do not ever expect it to be reciprocal. In a similar recent experience I learned a VERY painful lesson.
    I didn't coin this expression but it is true "If you leave this world with one true friend you have left a richer person than most".
  • matt_bmatt_b Posts: 54 Baller
    What are the details on this event/accusation?
    Than_Boganwtrskior
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,882 Crazy Baller
    How about someone just fessing up to the event/location/dates that are being scrutinized so everyone is up to speed and speculation doesn't lead to any undue rumors.
    Bob Grizzi
    Texas6wtrskior
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,483 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited December 2016
    In the past, I have spoken to two top pro skiers, that are capable of scoring a world record if the right combination and conditions presented themselves, one of these skiers has been controversial with officials, the point I want to make is that these skiers are starting to question whether it is worth all the training ,sacrifises, plus operating on a very tight budget, when officials make it so hard, as well as unfair decisions which impact the competitor.
    I now understand why our sport will never, gain professional status, will never be main stream and is not a sport the media would be interest in, simply because the sport lacks Professional Structure, after all some of these people have never competed in the sport at any level and will never understand, that being said I do not want to take any thing away from the many good people that work so hard to promote the sport, with many well run competitions over the country.
    These are the very people that should be at the top, people that are and will be respected by all.

"How Nice Is It, When You Feel The Boat Release You ”

skidawg
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,900 Crazy Baller
    What @wtrskior and @matt_b said. Withhold names and site, but gives us details. Has there been penalties assessed to individuals?
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • sunperchsunperch Posts: 196 Solid Baller
    @jdarwin What is the alleged infraction?
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 769 Crazy Baller
    edited December 2016
    Who do we contact at USA waterski/AWSA? As members, we have a voice.
    Or, we just cancel memberships.
    I don't know anything about this particular instance, but between boatpath and time, there is no question whether the driver complied. It's a HUGE ego hit to a senior driver, or any driver, to lose a pass to a boat path issue. Let alone, a 39 or shorter record pass.
    In my mind, it makes it easy to discount a pass, but you disqualify an entire tournament???? WHY DO I COMPETE AT ALL??????
    Mick04
    edited December 2016
    One of the reasons that water skiing did not make the olympics was because they said the same boat path could not be garunteed for every skier does this mean we will have to scrap the boats and install a hydraulic driven pylon system, on rails down the centre of the slalom course, bet you the boat manufacturers gonna fall in love with that idea.
    Vote with your feet, then heads will tumble.

Bruce_Butterfield
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,115 Mega Baller
    My understanding of the olympics decision was that having motor driven device towing the athletes was too large a departure from the challenge presented to the original historical Olympian athletes
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    I was told by somebody involved ,very likely several reasons, so they may well of thrown it, all in the same bag.

Texas6Bruce_Butterfield
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 769 Crazy Baller
    these are big judgements against reputable people that I respect in waterskiing. With no explanation. And everyone participating in any of these tournaments just got screwed.
    So should the AWSA reinburst their entry fee ? If the event is declared null and void

Wish
  • WishWish Posts: 6,744 Mega Baller
    Think of all the tournaments at Dr. Michaels. Were the drivers, judges and skiers demeaned as a group with everybody's scores pulled? I did not think so but maybe. Or was it just his scores and issues dealt with"?. This seems extreme even if it is just half as bad as described.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,882 Crazy Baller
    I took a deep breathe and hesitated a minute before I clicked on the "Awesome" for @Horton last comment......I guess it sort of works.
    Bob Grizzi