I am extremely sad to announce the passing of Norm Speak

HortonHorton Posts: 23,517 Administrator
edited January 15 in Breaking News

Norm is pictured below with his daughter Trudi Speak-boyd Dusin

10996006 10206923719275221 7950775833415164094 o

Norm is pictured below with his wife Thresa Speak.

1008664 10201763465392099 1340211124 o

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Mrs_MSMuskokaKy

Comments

• sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    edited January 15
    It is hard to see these passings. Makes me miss my Dad too. He waterskied in Puget Sound and Lake Washington back in the 50's and once skied around Mercer Island in one run. Men like these you have honored will be missed.
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 643 Crazy Baller
    Growing up in Colorado and skiing all the tournament's you couldn't help but meet Norm and hear stories. My favorite story is about my ski partner buying a new MasterCraft from Norm. The first day they took it out on the lake and had him trick behind it. They then pulled it up on the trailer and Norm went to work with a grinder changing the hook because he didn't like the look of the wake. Can you imagine someone taking a grinder to your brand new boat. Haha
    Travis Torley
    HortonMarco
  • DragoDrago Posts: 841 Crazy Baller
    Norm did more in the sport then the rest of us Coloradians combined.
    Would always grab my ski,"What do you have here?", and would begin pawing on it, checking my bevels. "Needs to be a little rounder right here, don't you think ?"
    We will miss you Norm.
    HortonskihackerMarcodvskiing
  • EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,286 Historical Baller
    This is the time when we are losing many who were skiers or officials in their prime in the
    1950s and 1960s. And, they are in their 70s, 80s, and beyond. But, there are still a few
    people involved with the sport, who are older than water skiing itself. (Born before 1922).