MM Level 10? New rule?

DirtDirt Posts: 1,435 Open or 55K Rated Skier
I just heard a rumor that MM must ski MM at regionals and Nationals if they achieve some level. Any truth to this? What about overall? Can they ski MM trick and jump without qualification if they are forced to ski MM slalom?
I learned everything I know not to do from Horton

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,532 Administrator
    Yea I heard some rumors to this effect last week. I am sure the details will be out in a week or so.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• skibackwardsskibackwards Posts: 34 Baller
    I believe you can ski overall in your m3/m4 by skiing your slalom in m3/m4 for no placement but use it for overall with your m3/m4 trick and jump. You will ski MM for slalom placement. I believe you will ski "4" times to do this.
  • WishWish Posts: 6,744 Mega Baller
    Hmmm if u ski 3 event and capable of a MM rating, maybe you have earned a free round????
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    Than_Bogan[Deleted User]JWebSki
    Before everyone gets carried away does anyone actually know the new rule?

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

@Dirt i just hope it means that you will have to jump 6 ft

MattPrico
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    I heard ZBS was approved also. Can someone in the know give us the scoop?
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • sunperchsunperch Posts: 196 Solid Baller
    edited January 30
    @JeffSurdej Thanks for the information. I have a few questions. Does this mean that women can choose to ski @36mph? Also, has the scoring software been updated to allow the ZBS to be entered in the skier's current division. Last year my son opted up above his division's max speed and he could not be scored in his division due to software limitations.
  • JeffSurdejJeffSurdej Posts: 244 USAWS Official
    tops for womens is 34, men 36, however the juniors the max speeds are as they are now (30 for B1, G1, 32 for G2, 34 for G3-B2, and 36 for B3) , the ZBS for them just allows them to shorten the line before max. So this may be why it would not allow it you last year, a B2 can not go 36 under ZBS
    AWSA President
    edited January 31
    @Rico when you run 5 @ 35 at 36 it will 101 balls

edited January 31
    @JeffSurdej Is that correct? M3, M4 & M5 can not ski at 36 for 6 more balls? I think that is what you typed but I just want to confirm that is what you mean. If so, what is the argument for it.

I think it is great to allow a 14 year old to stay at 34 and shorten if they are not ready for 36. I think it also makes sense for a M6 yo say at 34 if they want. In the world of M3, M4, M5 & MM I am not sure if I like this or not.

@JeffSurdej What is the argument for L10?

• MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,854 Mega Baller
    @Horton and @JeffSurdej, it looks like my 36 mph scores are now factored into my current M4 ranking. And, it looks like I am getting the extra 6 buoys for the higher speed.

I'm assuming I can select to top out at 34 mph in one round of a tournament and 36 mph in another. If so, that is awesome.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    nate93
    @Horton go to mens 2 slalom rankings right now, top 4 guys, those guys are L10 and many would argue should not be M2 Slalom champions, go to W2S, W3S, almost all the age divisions ranking list championships were won by pros.
    AWSA President
    @MISkier , your 36 scores in m4 should not be given an extra 6 buoys yet, unless this got programmed already, maybe it did. And yes you can go 34 one rd and 36 another
    AWSA President
    MISkiernate93
    @JeffSurdej, does the same apply to an M5 skier desiring to ski 32 mph and shorten at that speed instead of maxing out at 34 mph?
    dvskier
    @Horton yes it applies to m5 going to 32
    AWSA President
    MISkierdvskiereleeskiALPJr
    Wow

• lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,819 Mega Baller
    Crap. I might be able to get into 99 off if I can ski 32.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • elrelr Posts: 215 Mega Baller
    @JeffSurdej - appreciate your work making this happen! Now we need to let the girls go 36 if they want to!
    Ed Rink - LSF Texas
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,900 Crazy Baller
    edited January 31
    So, just to clarify another scenario. You have M7 (current max 32) its Nationals, one skier runs 35 off at 32 for a score of 90. Skier two runs one buoy at 35 off at 34 and his score is 91. Is there a max? If skier three (again, M7) wants to ski 36 can he? Can he ski two at 32 off 36 mph and win this scenario?
    This harkens back to a thread a couple of months ago. At that time no one felt it was good for older skiers to ski any faster than the current (at that time) max. I know BOS doesn't set rules, but this ruling (if I interpret correctly) seems to go against the grain of BOS followers.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    I dont think any M7 guys are going to ski at 36
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,900 Crazy Baller
    Me either, but just making a point and raising a question. Taking it to the extreme, if you will.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,150 Mega Baller
    KLP is heading to m7 age in a few years there may be the exception. maybe more then we think wanting to ski at least 34 Mph in that age bracket.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

I already know one newly minted M7 skier here that does not like 32 mph and will be ecstatic to ski 34 mph. He probably could do 36 mph, too, but I don't think he would really want to.
    @JeffSurdej, I was wrong. My 36 mph scores are not factored into my M4 ranking. My error. When do they expect to make that programming change?