The Boarding School welcomes Freddie Winter as new slalom coach

HortonHorton Posts: 23,526 Administrator

freddie winter

The Boarding School, located in Orlando, Florida, officially welcomes its newest team member, Freddie Winter. Freddie will be heading up the ski program that Travis Moye started at The Boarding School five years ago.

The Boarding School is situated on three private lakes on the east side of Orlando. With slalom courses on two of the three lakes, it is a skier’s dream. One course faces North/South and the other, East/West. No matter what Mother Nature has in store, there is always at least one lake that is perfect. With connecting lakes, it gives skiers the rare opportunity to run multiple courses without dropping. To top that off, they have a 2017 MasterCraft ProStar and a full line of Radar Skis to demo while you are there.

Freddie Winter originally hails from across the pond in London, England. He started skiing at the age of six and won his first National Title by the age of 11. As the saying goes, “the rest is history.” At the age of 26, Freddie is currently ranked number two in the world. He has his sights set on moving to number one, and winning the World Championship this year.

freddie winter 2

“If you have ever met Freddie, you know that he is incredibly focused and determined to reach his goals on and off the water,” says Travis Moye, owner of The Boarding School. “You also quickly notice that he likes to have a good time, ultimately making him a great fit for The Boarding School. We are extremely excited to have him as part of the family to continue our ski program.”

Freddie has coached at several clubs throughout his career and has traveled the world doing clinics, but is ready to officially call TBS home. “I couldn’t be more excited to be joining The Boarding School family. It’s the perfect place for a skier at any level to develop their abilities, and I’m looking forward to contributing to that progression. It’s no coincidence I came here to reach the next level of skiing.”

If you would like to take a trip to The Boarding School, you can visit their website, www.theboardingschool.com or contact them at 407 484 5525.

ProStarTBS

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

ToddABG1MattPThan_BoganrodeconFWinterColeGiacopuzzikstateskierScottScottskihartMuskokaKypregomSkiJaywtrskier197

Comments

• LLUSALLUSA Posts: 206 Solid Baller
    @lpskier and to think Travis learned all he knows about dock building, jumps, and pump priming at LLUSA, 4 good years
    LLUSA, Sr Driver, AWSA Board of Directors, Towboat Committee,Lake Owner
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,412 Mega Baller
    Planning to try to get there (once my wife can walk again!)
    Jim Ross
    theboardingschool
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,656
    Great news! Will be interesting to see how the relationship between Radar and Monte Carlo skis goes, don't see Freddie changing to Radar any time soon with how well he is skiing on Monte Carlo.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Crypto Investing pays for my water ski addiction
  • theboardingschooltheboardingschool Posts: 46 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Scot, I've had many coaches over the years that were sponsored by different ski and boat brands. We always work nicely together.

Yes, he rips on that ski!
  • WaterSkier12WaterSkier12 Posts: 101 Baller
    Used to go there when Chris Rossi was there! Great place, wanted to take our son there when the Wilson brothers were there, but it never worked out.
    Hopefully will get down there while Freddie is there to coach our 12 y/o
    FWintersunperch
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,818 Mega Baller
    @FWinter Please tell Manon I say congratulation on FINALLY having her European women's slalom record confirmed! Well done! Vive la France!
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    Mark...always. And, I have only been here for 7 years, but I can promise you, that we have put as much work as ANYONE has in to that place! We are constantly working on and improving the property. We have brought it a long way. It literally looks like a park now.

WaterSkier12...you let us know if you'd like to head this way.
    ColeGiacopuzzi
    Would love to.
    Week of 4/3 for 2-3 days, slalom only, only wife and 12 y/o. RV park that u recommend close by?
    FWinter
    @WaterSkier12 We can do that!

This RV park is just about 5 minutes from our place. http://www.christmasrvpark.com

Please let me know if there is anything else.

Thanks,
    Travis
    407 484 5525
    travis@theboardingschool.com
    ColeGiacopuzzi
    Travis, can we do April 3-5th, 2 sets each day for my wife and son with Freddie?
    Will call u this week to confirm.
    Nice RV park too!
    Thanks!
    FWinteraupatking
  • FWinterFWinter Posts: 96 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @WaterSkier12 Looking forward to having you here :smiley:
    aupatking
    Us too!!! ^^^^
    @WaterSkier12 My mobile is 407 484 5525, and my email is travis@theboardingschool.com Feel free to touch base whenever and we'll get you guys all set up!
    WaterSkier12
  • CptOriginalCptOriginal Posts: 3 Baller
    Skied with Freddy and Manon last week. Awesome! Real progress in just two off season slalom sets with Freddy. Found a few critical bad trick habits in a sunrise trick set with Manon. Starting the season off right!
    gt2003
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,526 Administrator
    Sunrise trick set?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• thagerthager Posts: 3,788 Mega Baller
    @Horton Give yourself some Pandas!!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    Horton
    Will call tomorrow and get things rolling!
    Horton
    @Horton you read that right. Sunrise trick set.
  • rawlyrawly Posts: 438 Baller
    Might have to spend a few months working in Florida this summer. Skiing with Freddie should help to ease my homesickness. Had a great time skiing with Brooks and Travis a few years back.
    WaterSkier12LLUSA
  • WebWeb Posts: 69 Baller
    Shout out to @theboardingschool for a great site and @FWinter for great coaching! It is a treat skiing with the Champ!! Really enjoyed time there, and looking forward to another set. The staff Jimmy (and helper, sorry forgot name) even got my rental car running after it died... full service organization for sure !! Don't pass it up if you have the chance.
    WaterSkier12rodeconFWinter
    Great having you! Glad the boys got you sorted out. Maybe we'll start advertising our YouTube car services.
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 183 Baller
    I am going to Disney this march with my family and looks like I will have 2 days to ski, are there places to stay near by? Most importantly...is the lake devoid of crocs and gators? :)
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,854 Mega Baller
    @Keith Menard, you can assume there are gators in every body of fresh water in Florida.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    Wish
  • skihartskihart Posts: 347 Baller
    @theboardingschool @FWinter I will be in Orlando Nov 29th to Dec 5th. Just wondering if you guys are around for those dates? Do I need to reserve in advance or can I just stop in? Thanks.
    h2oSkiJunkie
  • bkreisbkreis Posts: 230 Baller
    @MISkier no gators @ Miami ski club!
    MISkier
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,838 Mega Baller
    @Keith Menard if you are just looking to ski and not as concerned with coaching it is hard to beat Lapoint Ski Park. It is close to Disney and the rates are very affordable. If you want coaching there Kris Lapoint is available. I have skied there several times and it is a great spot and very affordable. I have never seen a gator there but I am sure there are some around.
    Mark Shaffer
    KillerUWSkier
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 183 Baller
    I am hoping to get some coaching for the family. The kids don't know we are going to Disney yet :)
    Chef23WishMISkier