No-wake zone: Flathead Valley lakes built solely for water skiing now selling lots

HortonHorton Posts: 23,517 Administrator
edited February 2 in Breaking News
Here is an article from the Missoula, MT newspaper about Rosewater

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

jipster43

Comments

• GlockGlock Posts: 192 Baller
    The article said that ski courses are not allowed on public water. I remember skiing a course on Echo Lake 4 or 5 years ago with Greg. Does that still exist? I hope so as I was hoping to ski out there this summer.
  • Rpc29Rpc29 Posts: 153 Baller
    The Echo lake course was there last summer. Felt great to me skiing in water that was 30 feet deep compared to the 2 foot deep lake that I'm used to.
    Ryan Christopher
  • AndersonSkiTeamAndersonSkiTeam Posts: 47 Baller
    They have been making them remove the course on Echo now. Was put up twice last year and removed by State within a week each time.
  • BainessterBainesster Posts: 10 Baller
    Gregs course was torn out middle of july last summer, i belive now with rose water filled with water he is giving up on echo
  • BainessterBainesster Posts: 10 Baller
    I do have a slalom course sitting in my garage at echo if any one wants to get permission from the authorities
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,356 Crazy Baller
    That Echo Lake course was so awesome. Private lake experience with the wooded alpine lake beauty.
    Deanoski
  • GlockGlock Posts: 192 Baller
    I am so sad to hear this. That course was so cool. So if you put it in just for the day, it's ok?
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 263 Baller
    Sounds like most lots were reserved beforehand
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,149 Mega Baller
    Glad I moved away now if the demise of public course access is no longer available in the flathead valley.
    Moose country dry now and has been for nearly 15 years. Echo no Bueno, as is the slew. Lake Blaine had a course and way down on the river in Polson there was a course.
    Florida is much warmer anyway, Hope to visit Montana in the near future will check in with Greg in Kalispell and Doug in Helena.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.