2018 Ski Nautique

Does anyone have details on the new Ski Nautique coming out for 2018? Hopefully they go in the direction of a more efficient hull with better fuel economy. I'm convinced if they brought back a tweaked 196 they would have a huge hit.
- President of the Utah Water Ski Club
- Owner of the FireFan Water Ski League
Mrs_MS

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,364 Administrator
    edited February 19
    @scotchipman IF a new boat comes out this year I predict the details will stay a closely held secret until the last possible second. I also predict that the 196 will never be seen again. It's like the 1964 1/2 Mustang. Everybody loves it but Ford is never going to tool up to make it again.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babe's /Connelly / DBSkis /Denali Goode / HO Syndicate / Mapple / Masterline / O'Brien /
    MasterCraft / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

MattPBulldogFelix Bauer
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 938 Crazy Baller
    I would buy a new 1964 1/2 Mustang, if that matters.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
    jedgellski6jonesaupatkingBill22
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 290 Baller
    I heard 2019 but who ever knows.
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 325 Baller
    edited February 20
    to my knowledge there are no changes in the hull for 18. Past that who know.
    Dave Macchi / Nautique promo team member
  • LLUSALLUSA Posts: 202 Solid Baller
    Reliable word is new in 2018 according to my sources they have stopped production on the 2017
    LLUSA, Sr Driver, AWSA Board of Directors, Towboat Committee,Lake Owner
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 638 Crazy Baller
    edited February 19
    It'll be interesting to see if CC hybridizes the 200 and CP; it doesn't make sense to produce two different type 3-event tugs considering decent performance for both but a lower price point for one. Is it sensible having production at two factories on either coast; guess it depends on sales volume/distribution, so who knows what's in store?

As far as a "more efficient" hull; considering the tracking and drive-ability of the 200 and the records falling behind it, it only makes sense to stay on that path with further refinements as indicated. Insofar as fuel efficiency, that may be of some focus, but the SN200 with the Gen5 5.3 consumes about 1.1gal/8 pass (sea level) set in my experience; that's slightly better than the SN196 330/343 Excal.

Guess one can only dream about Correct Craft applying the best features of the 200 and CP into something new moving forward and hopefully not a nightmare price.
    stå løpet ut
    edited February 19
    @Gloersen
    I would be willing to bet an extremely good bottle of Scotch that the only similarity between a future Carbon Pro and Nautiques is PCM engines

Babe's /Connelly / DBSkis /Denali Goode / HO Syndicate / Mapple / Masterline / O'Brien /
    MasterCraft / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

RAWSkiBulldogMitzysmanspicoliescmanazedancin
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 638 Crazy Baller
    @Horton well still gonna dream for a CP type swivel rope mount atop the pylon in the 200 and better vinyl, less of it, no carpet....
    stå løpet ut
    Mrs_MS
  • Onside135Onside135 Posts: 377 Solid Baller
    @Gloersen...I always thought that would be a nice feature on a Nautique pylon, but to be honest most of my ropes are worn out and in need of replacement long before the pylon tears them up.
    ski6jones
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,863 Crazy Baller
    If @Bruce55 is correct about the broken mold, I'm kinda dumbfounded. Do they only have one mold? I should think not. But I too heard that there has been no production on 2017 models for some time. Maybe some promo guys can give us details. I'm sure not all of the promo guys had a 2017 prior to end of production run.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    edited February 20
    They are producing 17's.
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,639
    edited February 20
    When I was talking to one of the corporate Correct Craft guys at the boat show he mentioned they originally had more than two (3?) 200 molds. The same guy is the one that told me the current 200 last year will be 2017.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner of the FireFan Water Ski League
    Andy
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 331 Solid Baller
    I second Horton's Bet! But I will settle for a fine bottle of Crown Royal XO!
    HortonShell
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 764 Crazy Baller
    High drag hull yields better tracking. Not betting fuel economy is high on the list. It's on there, but not up top. Fuel economy is going to depend on power plant and tuning more than hull.
    Also, Carbon Pro does not directly compete with 200 sales. If you are buying a 200, you don't buy a Carbon Pro, if you are buying a Carbon Pro, you don't buy a 200.
    I just want mine in indigo blue, maybe metal flake.
    brody
    @Bruce55 "several 200 orders will go unfulfilled", I assume that some of these may be promo orders? @dave2ball, so if you didn't get your order in early enough you're not gonna get one. Will this impact the promo program?
  • jetpilotg4jetpilotg4 Posts: 212 Baller
    Frustrating to hear that no more 17's being made and its only February, I was seriously considering a 17 but thats no longer an option is it?
    animal
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 376 Solid Baller
    Figures. My timing is usually awful.
    animal
    edited February 20
    @jetpilotg4 no matter the brand, your best deal by far is to get a one year old promo boat. If you want a new boat you should go to some tournaments and pick a boat that way.

aupatkingReggieO
  • ToddAToddA Posts: 49 Baller
    Anybody have a "ball park" number on how many 200's Nautique has sold/produced the last couple of years? I am just curious, if it is a "low number" like 200, or is it upwards of 400+?
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,607 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @ToddA My buddy who owns a CC dealership told me they've been selling over 400 200's per year worldwide.
    Scott Calderwood
    animal
  • ToddAToddA Posts: 49 Baller
    Thanks @swc5150, that is a number I would have guessed. It is a shame if they won't be able to fill some of the 2017 orders.
    @jetpilotg4
    There are 17's sitting on some dealership lots right now, and even a couple of 2016 non-currents still hanging around. If you really want to score a deal, nab a leftover '16.
    Scott Calderwood
    RAWSkijjackkrash
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 172 Baller
    I was at the Boston boat show this weekend...I was surprised they only had Air Nautiques. Got to see the new TXI...damned nice looking and really cool Malibu rep.

Mastercraft was the same thing as CC...all wakeboard stuff.
  • jetpilotg4jetpilotg4 Posts: 212 Baller
    @swc5150 where are the dealers you know of... I checked Florida
    @Horton from what I gather there may very few 2017 promo 200's to even hit the market because plenty of promo guys were unable to get one. @swc5150 says there are some on dealer lots but that doesn't put them in promo hands.
    @LeonL I have zero inside information except that rumors of a new boat have been swirling for a number of years. I believe it would be wise if Nautique denied all rumors until the day the new boat is unveiled. My guess is that is what they will do. This year, next year, the year after? Your guess is as good as mine.

I have heard they stop taking orders for 17s but could only speculate why.

• skiboat38skiboat38 Posts: 107 Baller
    Seems like a lot of people in the know...........but don't know Jack!
    6ballsBRYskier2788keithh2oskier
    @jetpilotg4

Lake Area Watersports, in Melrose, FL has a brand new '16 200TE with 5.3DI. I bet it could be had at a great deal.
    Scott Calderwood
    pumpinpete
    I've seen the one you are talking about.
    The interior is tan and does not match the boat midnight blue and gunmetal
    Ralph Lee
    Not a fan of the brown interior either, but just more bargaining power for a prospective buyer.

Just did a quick check of boattrader, and there are 10 new 17's available across the country on that site alone.
    Scott Calderwood