Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2018 Ski Nautique

Comments

• bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 855 Crazy Baller
    There was 3 17's at the Seattle boat show that Pacific Nautique had.
    Jody_Seal
  • clemsondaveclemsondave Posts: 368 Baller
    My 2017 is scheduled for production soon. If anyone is looking for one let me know. Can still change colors and options.
    Dave Satterfield - Richmond Water Ski Club
    Bill22
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,251 Crazy Baller
    CC is still spending money to advertise 2017 200's. I just got an email from WaterSki magazine with a 200 ad. Despite what some said earlier on this thread, @clemsondave has a boat in the pipeline.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,497 Crazy Baller
    So does Becky Lathrope.
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 449 Crazy Baller
    I just got mine last week. They just keep getting better, best one yet!
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 504 Crazy Baller
    Nice colors, that graphic treatment is by far my favorite for a SN
  • KrleeKrlee Posts: 532 Solid Baller
    Mine is scheduled to be built the end of March. Still trying to decide if I should upgrade to the 6.2.
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 605 Crazy Baller
    Red metalflake with a 6.2. Loaded, almost every option.
  • powbmpspowbmps Posts: 79 Baller
    Those are some great looking boats!
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 855 Crazy Baller
    Yes beautiful boats for sure!
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,869 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @skiinxs love your last couple of promo's. Too many "it's always something" expenses keep hitting me, unfortunately.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Skoot1123
    @skierjp very close indeed, 6.2 as well!
  • Hk196Hk196 Posts: 15 Baller
    @skiinxs Nice sn200! Can you tell me what bimini is mounted on your bost? My factory bimini with straps is no pleasure at highspeed...
  • John BrooksJohn Brooks Posts: 299 Crazy Baller
    I'm not sure any changes need to be made in their hull, I believe they need to figure out how to make a trailer that does not tear up the bottom of the hull.
    [Deleted User]skier2788swc5150buoyboy1
    @Hk196 Towerbiminis are what I use. Their stainless option makes a very strong bimini and they now have an option with a spreader bar that does not have a back bar or straps. @John Brooks Heritage trailers load very well and do not damage the big reverse chines and spray deflector on the bow.
    John Brooks
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,014 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Agreed, I don't know that there's all that much to change on the hull? Just my opinion, but we would've probably stayed in a Nautique if they offered snap out carpet/Deckadence option, bow lid and integrated bimini. Just a lot of easily changeable things in the 200 where the Prostar won us over.
    Scott Calderwood
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 566 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    So I assume they are going to start using that vacuum manufacturing process...right? Anybody can confirm or deny that? Also, I really hope that they don't move to some fugly picklefork design as seems to be the trend these days.
    brodyaupatking
    edited March 2017
    @pmski just out of curiosity, when did you place your order? Are you a promo team member or just a normal customer? @Krlee and @skiinxs same questions for you two, if you don't mind answering.
  • pmskipmski Posts: 10 Baller
    I placed the order on 11/02/16 Nautique estimated my finish date march 3rd 2017, looks like they are running about a week behind, new finished date is march 9th. I am a regular customer
    DmaxJC_ski
  • KrleeKrlee Posts: 532 Solid Baller
    @leonl I'm a promo team member and placed my order early November. My build date was fit into a slot based on when I need the boat to pull events. I'm pretty flexible due to I have another boat I can use in winter or early spring until mine shows up. Nautique is great to work with on getting me my boats. Can't wait to get this one, went with the 6.2 this year.
    bishop8950skierjp
    Thanks for the reply guys! It's seems that if you didn't get an order in before the first of the year you may have "missed the boat". Please excuse the pun.
  • Ski_DadSki_Dad Posts: 267 Baller
    I'm not sure why Nautique would make a new hull - the current one is darn near perfect IMHO. Even at the slower speeds I ski at there is no trough and really not much of a wake - it is literally the best boat I've skied behind.
    @Mitzysman I kind of have the same question. When you already are producing the gold standard, why change? That's where I become very worried that they are going to change to build an ugly picklefork and tell us it's more family friendly. I'm also thinking they change to use the vacuum process to put more money in their pockets. Here's to just hoping they don't ruin what is right now a wonderful boat.
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,556
    Its about perception and being seen as market leaders which is hard to do when your going on 8 years on the same hull design while your major competitors are both selling newer designs. Its all about selling boats and an update to the 200 will mean more sales. Plenty of people are sitting on boats that are 5 years plus and they dont have to upgrade, a new hull will force a lot of owners into upgrade.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

Kdinger838
    @ozski You are probably right, but the 196 hull lasted from 97 to 09 - 12 years and was still beloved when they quit building it. Now I guess you can argue that there was TSC1, TSC2, and TSC3. Let's hope that this represents tiny changes like those ones, and not the huge change to a really ugly boat like Malibu just did or the huge change to a hull with a big hard wake like Mastercraft did around turn of the century. It's just easy to be scared of change when they already have the best on the water. With that being said, I do know that there still could be a change to make it even better, so let's hope for that.
    skier2788
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,014 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    CC won't change just for change sake. No question the 200 is great, but it's kind of splitting hairs these comparing which skis the best. We went MC instead of CC this time around for the little things we liked better, that I've previously mentioned. IMHO, the 200 is due for some tweaks, and they wouldn't need to touch the hull.
    Scott Calderwood
    AndreRAWSkiHortonJack Kinne