2018 Ski Nautique

Comments

• scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,820
    I know I'm in the minority but I also know that I'm not the only one that would rather ski behind the TXi, ProStar, or Carbon pro before the 200. All four boats are great but the 200 is my least favorite. Also for those that don't love the look of the new TXi on-line wait until you see it in person, it is a great looking boat.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
    brody6ballsRogerMISkier
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 710 Crazy Baller
    On the looks, I think @skiinxs has one of the best looking '17s I've seen from any MFR. CC, by not updating the lines, has gone from worst to first in the looks department, which of course is purely subjective. MC and Malibu have both gone backwards in the aesthetics department.

It used to be the manufacturers couldn't keep new boats secret worth a damn, especially with the popularity of sites like themalibucrew. Seems they've figured out how to lately though. The '17 TXi was a good example. Wouldn't surprise me if CC had a new boat in the works for an October or November release.
    escmanazesudsysulski6jones
  • jpattigrjpattigr Posts: 85 Baller
    Thoughts,
    Prostar, all around great boat, super easy to use Zero off and excellent layout. I don't get the lift off bow, lose all the storage of a CB, and a pain to use as OB if you have to deal with lid. Love the boat, would prefer a pure CB version.
    200, All around great boat, drives the best, skis awesome except the bubbles are weird. The ZO screen is harder use / read then Prostar.
    TXI, saw at boat show, personally did not like style, screen for ZO is small and hard to use. Did not feel as finished as MC / SN. Have not skied or driven, but would not buy this boat
    CP, skied it at Sunset, great wake, nice basic ski tractor
    If I was buying would be a CB 200, 1st choice then a Prostar 2nd, but close 2nd 51/49%
    6balls
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,874 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    One could get an MC lid with no bow seating? Storage issue solved.

I don't know that I'll ever get the wife's ok to buy a brand new boat ever again, the way prices are rising, so we weighed every minor detail of the PS/200. Even just having snap- out carpet, Seadek or Deckadence could've kept us with CC. They at least have to go that route in 2018. The G's look like they're practically made of Seadek inside.
    Scott Calderwood
    RogerAkBob
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 431 Solid Baller
    Its almost May, any news on a new 200?
  • MopedMedicksMopedMedicks Posts: 17 Baller
    edited May 2017
    think "GS inspired"
    ColeGiacopuzziescmanaze
    Where did that info come from? Looks like everyone is going pickle fork.
    A GS-inspired bow and windshield would be horrible, if it looks anything like a GS! G/GS's are just awful looking.
    Scott Calderwood
    escmanazeoldjeepBrennanKMN
    The info disappeared. Release too soon?
  • DrBongDrBong Posts: 2 Baller
    Took a screen shot before the moderator took it down.
    scotchipmanBulldogmundo
  • Kdinger838Kdinger838 Posts: 55 Baller
    They leaked just enough to create a buzz, good marketing work
    Keith Menard
  • HortonHorton Posts: 24,798 Administrator
    @DrBong BallOfSpray took nothing down

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Barts / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / HO Syndicate

MasterCraft / Masterline / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

MattP
  • HortonHorton Posts: 24,798 Administrator
    @Kdinger838 that would have been kind of genius but I'll bet you a 12 pack of IPA it was not intentional.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Barts / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / HO Syndicate

MasterCraft / Masterline / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

Kdinger838
  • 303Skier303Skier Posts: 468 Solid Baller
    I skied behind the new Malibu at McCormick's and compared to the 200, the wake was extremely hard and like hitting a speed bump crossing the wakes. Was not impressed! I loved the previous year with the 6.0L.
    Jarrus Steele - Orlando, Florida
    parkerc2112
    I wonder if the beam will go from 95" to "100 to accommodate the GS tower?
    Scott Calderwood
    Chad_ScottOrlando76
  • DWDW Posts: 1,733 Crazy Baller
    I will be curious to see final boat weight and specifically how they documented reduced hydrodynamic resistance.
    30% more bow space and a true wake boat tower option is not a positive for my taste, but could open up some markets for promo resale? Certainly not trending towards the 196 market.
    Scott Calderwood
    BrennanKMN
    The proof is is the pudding. The new Malibu and MC styles are growing on me, but I really like my current SN 200. I would hope there are real improvements and not just change to keep up with the Jones's.
  • Kdinger838Kdinger838 Posts: 55 Baller
    @Horton I agree, unitentional but still had the same effect. As far as ipa goes there are some great local breweries in Tuscaloosa I wouldn't mind shipping out
    edited May 2017
    @303Skier was it the open edition or standard? Were the back seats in it? I skied behind the standard Response with no back seats in it this past Saturday and the wakes felt very soft. I think the open edition weighs a little more and if you leave the back seats in the 22' off wake is a little hard compared to the 200. I regularly ski behind a 2016 200 and I personally like the standard Response with no rear seats better 28-35', have not tried 38' behind the new Response.
    @scotchipman good point, I'm not sure? It was the same boat used at LaPoints spring tournament (if that helps?). That is interesting to know and will keep that in mind when comparing them.
    baja
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 549 Crazy Baller
    Oh, I forgot. Open bow, Closed bow, same wake.
    303Skier6ballsKrlee
    I am super happy with my '16. I plan on keeping it for a while unless the new ones are clearly better in significant ways.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,448 Crazy Baller
    @skierjp - "Great thing about the 200.., back seat in, back seat out, full tank of gas, quarter tank of gas, 1 person in the boat, 3 people in the boat. The wake stays generally the same, awesome and unchanged!"

You just perfectly described my 16 Mastercraft :smile:
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
    swc5150schafer
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,280 Mega Baller
    edited May 2017
    @Roger yea but you have to put a fat sac in the back to trick!
    The 200 has great wake signature for all three events! The 200 is a true three event work horse!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

303SkierdvskierBruce_Butterfield
  • JweberJweber Posts: 25 Baller
    Personally I hope the wake changes for slalom. It's my least favorite of the 4 manufacturers to slalom behind. I have experienced very inconsistent wakes from one 200 to the next. One will be a nice soft wake, the next definitely not so much. Also, it would be nice not to have to run 4400 rpms to run 34 mph.
    scotchipmanMISkier
    @OB1 that 196 6.0L is junk! ;)
    [Deleted User]
    I agree @Jweber and hope the new Nautique wake changes for the better. To be clear I'm not saying the 200 wake is bad but it is my least favorite for slalom.
    parkerc2112j2nhMISkier