Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2018 Ski Nautique

Comments

• skierjpskierjp Posts: 569 Crazy Baller
    @jweber you have the wrong prop if your still spinning 4400 rpms
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 306 Crazy Baller
    I skied a 200 last year that shocked me. The 22 wake was awful. Not so much of the typical bump found on older boats . It felt really rough and undefined. Like someone opened up a fire hydrant. I found it weird since all the others I've skied have been great at my long line lengths.
    303SkierMISkier
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,182 Mega Baller
    @Loopski Possibly Andy's old boat? Hardest wake I have ever skied behind! I thought the ballast tanks were full or the trick mode was engaged but everyone said no!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    303Skier
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 829 Crazy Baller
    I heard that the smaller engine and different props hinder the SN200 wake. I have never skied one to find out.
  • shansen345shansen345 Posts: 157 Baller
    Oh man... "GS inspired bow" probably means it'll be square and strange looking. I just hope they get rid of the carpet.
  • skinutskinut Posts: 367 Baller
    Any news?
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 451 Solid Baller
    It seems like there would be some more concrete info by now.
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 423 Crazy Baller
    As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "Now that there is funny, I don't care who ya are"!
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 664 Crazy Baller
    So autonomous vehicle are not going to be limited to the roads?
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,172
    The guy behind that new Nautique is enormous
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    pgmooreGlockBG1
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,942 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited June 2017

That spy boat has much nicer lines than the boat they're modeling the 200R after.
    Scott Calderwood
    escmanaze
  • skinutskinut Posts: 367 Baller
    @swc5150 please, please, please tell me your post is in jest. If the new nautique looks anything like that I will be holding on to my 200 for the foreseeable future. Damn that thing is sooo ugly.
    escmanazeskiinxs
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,688 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    If they make the Boat lighter, surely that would change the handling characteristics, ie Tracking or is that not affected by weight when the boat is in motion ?

" Ski It Like You Mean It ! ”

@skinut I wish, but the word on the 200R is GS inspired bow and sharing the tower. Picture that monstrosity with direct drive, minus a foot in length, and you're prob close to 200 replacement:(
    Scott Calderwood
    Bruce_Butterfield
    edited June 2017
    Great looking Tri-hull. 70's styling is the in thing now! Groovey!
    jcamp
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 313 Baller
    Will it come with surfgate?
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 556 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @swc5150 You say minus a foot, but I think the boat pictured is a GS20 so it is a 20 footer just like the new ski boat would theoretically be. I'm guessing that from the rubrail up, the new ski boat will look REALLY similar to the picture above, and that makes me really sad.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,994 Mega Baller
    Hopefully they tone it down a bit if that is the design they copy. The GS20 was the gaudiest looking crossover from the big 3 at the boat show and the walk over on the engine compartment flexed visibly when I had my 180lbs on it. Wasn't impressed.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 431 Solid Baller
    IF AND WHEN a new design comes out Nautique always comes up with a style the fits their target market.
    @escmanaze Good catch, I was thinking it was 21' for some reason, duh GS20. It is an awful looking boat, but seems to be a sales hit with CC. I don't know how it'll translate for ski boat enthusiasts? It took me a little bit to warm up to the mini-pickle on my boat, but I get the design matches the MC lineup. At least it's small and allows the the boat to retain the ski boat look. Then the Bu got a little out there with their shovel nose TXi. I've only seen a few in person, but I've yet to warm up to the look of that boat. CC appears ready to push the envelope even further with the "GS inspired bow". We'll see soon enough.
    Scott Calderwood
    escmanazeMoskier3ev
    @dave2ball With the 200R info release to dealers, I think you can take the "if" out of it.
    Scott Calderwood
    Horton
  • BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 363 Crazy Baller
    edited June 2017
    Boy am I happy I just got the 07 196 I have now. Ever since the 200 Correct Craft has disappointed me with their styling choices (in all boat segments). I don't think I'd buy a 200 anyway; as long as I have ZO I am content. No wake is worth $10+k and an ugly boat to me.
    My knees and back hurt just looking at that!
    andjulesjcamp
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,186 Administrator
    @Jody_Seal I want to trick behind that!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

Jody_Seal
  • KKellyKKelly Posts: 4 Baller
    I hardly ever post but that boat reminds me of my youth. Learned the course and progressed through 32 off behind one of those.
    Kevin
    skihart
  • GolfguyGolfguy Posts: 122 Baller
    Am I missing something here. Every model change year the boat companies come up with a bigger, roomier, heavier, boat the needs more HP, costs more for gas and to purchase. Despite the comments from the buyers who say keep it small and simple and we will buy it. If all four companies each made 100 new tournament boats per year with small improvements to the tried and true models,(think SN 196) for the small, dwindling group of us, that would satisfy the demand. Then they could fully focus on there money products, and markets. I realize that this may be an attempt to move a strictly tournament boat to a more general audience, but what is going to happen when the beam will not fit through the boat guides? Old topic, but maybe worth considering a formal advisory group to be available to the boat manufacturers. Idealistic dreaming is not dead. Cheers.
    Ralph Lee
  • brettmainerbrettmainer Posts: 220 Crazy Baller
    I have been on the Nautique promo team for 17yrs. As such, I give the benefit of the doubt to Correct Craft, as they have earned it. So should everyone else, as nobody who has skied tournaments for the last several decades can deny they have produced the most consistently quality boat.

That said, I do note that 2009 196s cost the same as I sold my 2009 for in 2010 (albeit in the height of the depression when financing a used boat was a joke).
    6ballsswc5150Jack Kinne
  • brettmainerbrettmainer Posts: 220 Crazy Baller
    To echo the @jjackkrash comments, I would not trade my 5.3L DI 200 for any other boat I have ever seen, including the 6.2L "ski fly on the moon" boats.
    bkreis