Moomba News

HortonHorton Posts: 23,517 Administrator
edited March 8 in Breaking News
What is going on down there? What did the Super Chicken run?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

brettmainer[Deleted User]

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,517 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• MattPMattP Posts: 5,879 Moderator
    @Horton
    Super Chicken is in the lead after round 1 with 2.5@38
    Horton
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    Maybe its me but somethings wrong with the web cast. It seems they have overlapping commercials with water ski adds mixed in with the generic Ustream ones. Its so bad its pretty much un-watchable.
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 344 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited March 9
    I'm stoked that Moomba as a live stream. I totally understand that there trying to give a lot of screen time to the sponsors, but like @disland said its almost unwatchable. There showing the same loop of sponsors between every slalom pass or trick pass...
    Cole Giacopuzzi • Radar Skis
  • dhofertdhofert Posts: 145 Baller
    I cant even get it to play for more than a few seconds right now. Annnnddd its gone.
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,673 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Watched a very little bit at work this afternoon. Seems every time I clicked in there was an ad on so I gave up. From past webcast I assume ads mean that it's down time between events. I understand there strategy, but I don't think it's going to work.
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 643 Crazy Baller
    They are playing commercials all the time. Between passes during passes.... All the time. If you pay I think they go away. I just turn it on and listen to the audio. It's great! Superchicken wins Moomba with 2.5@38 I think.
    Travis Torley
    It has been playing much better for me after the break. Still dont care for the commercials. This being my first time watching I would really like a bit more in the way of coverage, replays and whatnot.
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 769 Crazy Baller
    edited March 9
    Maybe they're listening. It's been good as it gets later. Don't know what it takes to run a replay, but sure would be nice to have a replay or two instead of immediately cutting to commercial. The sponsors are getting plenty air time. They cut almost immediately to ads after a fall. I guess that's part of it, but I hope we get some replay in the big rounds to come
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 944 Crazy Baller
    Don't hold your breath on anything changing for the big rounds. The Moomba webcast hasn't changed in several years. Looks like they are trying to do an HD feed this year without also sending out lower bitrate video. That's gonna increase the dropouts for many viewers.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,311 Crazy Baller
    Looking forward to watching this weekend temps will be single digits to the 20 in New England
  • Deep11Deep11 Posts: 184 Baller
    If super chicken wasn't on an MC for Latrobe she is now - according to MC
  • JordanOzJordanOz Posts: 57 Baller
    edited March 9
    She was. I was there. :wink:
    MattPMilford
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 534 Crazy Baller
    Commercials work, I'm anxious to go to Deniliquin.
    skier2788aupatking9400jlittle
    Wow, the women are having a tough time coming from the bridge side in the semi's.
    TFIN
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,148 Crazy Baller
    bump
    If my math is correct men's simi final is at 9:00pm eastern. Did anything interesting happened in round 1?
  • EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,286 Historical Baller
    Nick Parsons just missed out, based on how ties are resolved. (Without runoffs, but by
    seeding, perhaps needed because of time restrictions on use of the river.)
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,653
    I think you math is correct @Bill22, looks like the men's slalom semi finals start at 9pm eastern, 6pm pacific. Start List.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Crypto Investing pays for my water ski addiction
    The ads during a pass are back. Thursday night I watch the women ski and no ads during ski time.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,311 Crazy Baller
    edited March 12
    Looks like a 3 way tie in mens semis 3@41 for Nate Fred and Will. And 2 tied in womens semis 2@39 for Manon and Whitney
    ToddA
    @ALPJr I am surprised no one has commented on that tie with the men being equal to the course record, also held by CP.

Who will be the first to get a piece of 4 ball at -41/36 (10.25/58k) ???
    ToddA
  • Chad_ScottChad_Scott Posts: 357 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Looked like Nate could have turned it. Did safe thing to keep top seed
    Bill22seks69
    edited March 12
    @Chad_Scott yeah it looked like Nate had a good 2 ball and got to 3 in good shape.

Womens final then mens final starting at 9:30pm eastern 6:30 pacific.

Edit: @dhofert good catch, 10:30pm
    Womens final is at 10:30est thanks to daylight savings crap. Unless they have changed from the schedule on the website.
    perkinsperkins
  • DragoDrago Posts: 841 Crazy Baller
    3@3@41, on a river? Awesome
    Marcorfa
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 572 Crazy Baller
    Whit takes ladies
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 572 Crazy Baller
    and yeah, the adverts are a bit bonkers. Understand that pays the bills but man, this is worse than a football game on CBS.
    Hortonschaferrobb