FlowPoint Podcast #5: Bob LaPoint, Dave Wingerter & Jeff Shaw

HortonHorton Posts: 24,622 Administrator
edited March 2017 in Videos & Photos

iTunes: http://theflowpoint.libsyn.com/rss

In this episode I got to sit down with HO Skis Vice President Dave Wingerter, 5-Time World Champion and ski designer Bob LaPoint & Head Design Engineer Jeff Shaw. Got to talk about some very water ski specific concepts and processes....so if you start feeling tired, please pull over and change the station. Thanks

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Barts / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / HO Syndicate

MasterCraft / Masterline / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

Tagged:
ALPJr9400LakeOneSkiersavaiusiniDaveDbogboyLovellToddAsunvalleylaw

Comments

• ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,503 Crazy Baller
    edited March 2017
    @MarcusBrown thank you that is a great piece. Makes me real happy to have a VTR designed by the HO team and to hear about the eagerness to impact the larger crossover skiing market.
    savaiusiniLuzz
  • BG1BG1 Posts: 152 Baller
    Thanks @MarcusBrown Another great video!
    HortonBill22
  • pgmoorepgmoore Posts: 188 Solid Baller
    edited March 2017
    Awesome. So awesome. Probably my favourite episode so far. Really enjoyed the technical aspects.

Great work, @MarcusBrown
    Patrick Moore
    HortonToddA
  • JibboJibbo Posts: 114 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Awesome podcast Marcus. Always interesting to hear how people started water skiing and how that evolved into a sport and passion for them
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,703 Mega Baller
    This comment stuck out: "I wish we were like snow sports where people have power skis, and they have race skis or groomer skis... The sport needs to go that way."

Can you imagine a slalom competition where competitors have these skis in the quiver?
    Glass Water Ski
    Chop Water Ski
    Cold Water Ski
    Hot Water Ski
    etc.

It kind of makes sense that in extreme chop, a deeper riding ski with more dampening might be an advantage. Rather, on glass, you could exploit a very nimble high-riding ski to the fullest. I could see a driven athlete having at least this in their "tool box".

It seems ski manufacturers wanting to build revenue would latch onto the paradigm that competitive skiers need more than one ski for different conditions.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • Mateo VargasMateo Vargas Posts: 757 Crazy Baller
    Don't forget a H2OskiX ski.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
    ALPJr