FLOWPOINT PODCAST #6: WADE COX

HortonHorton Posts: 23,823 Administrator
edited April 2017 in Videos & Photos

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Tagged:

Comments

• kingshreddkingshredd Posts: 140 Baller
    I enjoyed this podcast while on a MTB ride in Bidwell park yesterday. Good stuff, thanks @MarcusBrown
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,351 Crazy Baller
    Great job @MarcusBrown !!! Wade did an excellent clinic at our lake a couple summers ago!!!
  • MurrskiMurrski Posts: 167 Baller
    Appreciate it MB! Brings back good memories watching Wade, Andy, Carl and others battle it out in Sac town every year. I remember getting Wade's autograph and his vibe was so chill and cool but man did his demeanor change when he slipped into his bindings. Same for Andy... I loved watching these guys' pre-game routine... so focused!
  • JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 435 Baller
    Very cool, I didn't realize Wade is only 48, thought he would be in his mid 50's. He must of been pretty young competing on the pro tour back in the day.
    JC McCavit
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,529 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Wade rocks. We skied one of his clinics years back. Afterwards he came over to @razorskier1's place for dinner, beer, and throwing some bean bags. Great guy...super down to earth, awesome stories.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Lovell
  • DanEDanE Posts: 782 Crazy Baller
    He actually said some people don't want to get coached by him because he doesn't ski anymore.
    Ignorance?
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,351 Crazy Baller
    @escmanaze good call on Wade in WSM. Back in 94 or so I remember flipping through a new issue and about half way through saying to my self holy s---- Wade. Seemed like he was on almost evey page and cover.
    escmanaze
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 434 Crazy Baller
    So he says he's out at OWC teaching people to ski. What? I was at OWC just a short time ago and they had no course set up in the boat section. Who is going to pay to ride a 200 and have Wade Cox coach them when there aren't any balls around? Come on!! This thing isn't called open water of spray!! :)
  • Ralph LeeRalph Lee Posts: 492
    @escmanaze

Last time I skied there they had a submerged course they raised for me
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 230 Baller
    Great stories from Wade....I still have a video tape instruction from Wade, great stuff and an incredible skier and person. Thank's Marcus Brown
    @Ralph Lee how long ago was that? When I went about a year and a half ago, they acted for a minute like there was a submerged course and then pretty soon they gave up on it and told me "free skiing or bust."
    @chris55 I think I probably have that same video. Came free with the purchase of a CDX-1 in 2002.
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 821 Crazy Baller
    They have a course...beginner to top in the world, he's worth listening to, and skiing with..what more could you possssssilby want?
    Ralph Leechris55
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 230 Baller
    @escmanaze you are probably right !

Luzzescmanaze
  • ChetChet Posts: 39 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Wade is one good man. He has been insanely talented since he was a young boy and worked his tail off as a pro. One of the greatest talents the world has ever seen. There is a wisdom that guys like Wade, Andy and Chris Lapoint have that has value beyond measure and will not be around forever.
    If you want to learn... skiing with wade is a resource that should not be passed up. Not to mention he has good stories that should be passed down ( waterski folklore).
    Don't forget one of the most amazing on sides ever seen. Go and learn!
    6ballsRalph Lee
  • LuzzLuzz Posts: 215 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @chris55 my coach back home made us watch that VHS (and others) over and over again… what a great video!!
    Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (recap videos from 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
    See what I am up to on Twitter and Instagram.