Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Barts / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / HO Syndicate

MasterCraft / Masterline / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

Tagged:
art90notchlazzn9400Kdinger838Bruce_Butterfieldbkreiskeithh2oskierRAKShakeski

Comments

• ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,504 Crazy Baller
    These podcasts are great for listening during the work commute! Thanks @MarcusBrown and @Horton.
    Obrienslalom
  • gt2003gt2003 Posts: 673 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Good info. Made 1 hour of my work day better.
    2014 HO TX
    1996 Malibu Echelon
  • LarsLars Posts: 102 Baller
    A good listen! did not know @Horton 's dad made the first waterski lake, that was cool hearing about.
    Shakeski
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,129 Crazy Baller
    One small point of dispute. Private ski lakes may not always prevent or discourage a sense of club or community. In fact community and a sense of club is very much a part of Princeton Lakes skiers.
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
    MattPscotchipmanTFIN
  • HortonHorton Posts: 24,630 Administrator
    @disland understood. What we need is more club lakes private or public.

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

• bkreisbkreis Posts: 258 Baller
    @Horton and @MarcusBrown I really enjoyed the podcast. A wireless vdeo feed from boat to big screen would be great for spectators..just like at concert. And the video feed exists already.
    Obrienslalom
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 676 Crazy Baller
    Chinese character for end or final on your back window. What's the full thing say?

Great podcast!
    @UWSkier it says BallOfSpray ( or "Droplets of Jade" )

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

• bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 756 Crazy Baller
    @Horton Just finished listening to the Podcast. Very good, some hard points too.... Too bad it is so hard for people to understand our sport and how fun it is. I get it that no matter what watersport we may do, people follow a trend, or something that's easy and are quick to decide not to try skiing. More club lakes? Maybe. The problem is that on public water you can't get butter unless early in the morning or late at night or maybe a weekday because of the wakemakers. Most people don't want to be up early or work during the day. Skiing is an addiction once you get into it, we definitely need to share our joy! Could go on and on about points of this podcast, but it was great thanks! @MarcusBrown
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,722 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I love being in a boat, I love being on the water. The shelf life of my spine is limited...and when it's cooked and I can't slalom anymore I will still love being in a boat and on the water...just let me drive or something. I love holding the wheel and pushing the throttle, soaking up the sun, hanging with people I care about, and pulling just about any thing I can behind it--I really don't care what that something is, either. Fun to take a break, listen to some music, dive in the water to cool off as well.
    It's a more sale-able vibe...which is what boating or skiing or spray or whatever you want to call it should be about...buoys are just one part of it.
    I think this is what @marcusbrown is after on flowpoint...he can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Bruce_ButterfieldsunvalleylawBill22
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,139 Crazy Baller
    Subscribed. Will start listening on the way home today.

@6balls , I am counting on the advances with disc and cartilage replacement materials that they will be able to keep me going. That and lots of plank and such.
  • keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 343 Solid Baller
    Kinda gross that @Horton doesnt bath regularly. CA is out of the drought now.
    meh. I get in the lake.

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

sunvalleylaw
  • slowslow Posts: 271 Baller
    At least were in a bar soap over your body oh wait that's California you can't do that
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 756 Crazy Baller
    You know I moved to Vegas back when I got out of school when I was 21. Kinda lost myself for obvious reasons in Vegas and wish I would have known about Newberry. I would have easily drove down and skied. Would have been classic with my '74 correct craft Mustang. Instead I killed myself out at lake mead.
    That was a good listen. I will keep listening to these podcasts. They will be a good addition to the scottish mountainbikers I listen to.
  • ObrienslalomObrienslalom Posts: 44 Baller
    I love the longer ones. More content, more better! Also I bet Horton would make a good regular, if for no other reason than keeping up on forum discussions​. Great stuff.

Wonder if there is a crossover podcast that Marcus could do. Like an outdoor sporting podcast or something with a broad audience.
    Longer ones like this one are good. As long as there is something to say. Very enjoyable listen.
    @skidawg
    Marcus is a genius

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

skidawg
  • kingshreddkingshredd Posts: 150 Baller
    I enjoyed this on the way to NorthStar yesterday morning, what a great way to drive through an hour. I even passed by The Ridge on my way out of town. Great stuff @MarcusBrown, keep it up! And @Horton, I was told a story that one of your jumps early on ended in a chicken coup. Any truth, or urban Legend?
    @kingshredd chicken coup?

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

kingshredd
  • kingshreddkingshredd Posts: 150 Baller
    edited April 2017
    Yeah a friend of mine, told me this story. Urban legend it is.
  • John BrooksJohn Brooks Posts: 281 Crazy Baller
    edited April 2017
    Good podcast but I was expecting some carpool karaoke by @Horton, or at least by @Buford Danger Horton .
    Texas6ShakeskiBill22
  • ShakeskiShakeski Posts: 85 Baller
    Awesome stuff and all topics of great interest... Couldn't agree more - to those of us who know what is going on, super easy to be hooked. For people who are not 100% aware of the details - a bit hard to gain interest. I can't help but think of great venues for skiing (such as down town Milwaukee, WI where the Malibu Open was last year - yet people are not drawn in enough. Perhaps additional attractions... such as bands/big name food trucks/ other things to help get people in and asking questions...

Additionally, the club scene is what got me hooked. Having a dedicated group to ski with (publicly) is everything. I do not have access to a private lake, but I was shocked to hear that people ski their time slot and then go home.

Getting some clubs from around the country together (in person) would be a major benefit when it comes to trying to grow the sport (if nothing else, a great opportunity for more conversation around it). Thanks for doing this podcast @MarcusBrown and @Horton !!!