ZO Jump Settings

NickDNickD Posts: 15 Baller
I am very new to the world of zero off. Could someone enlighten me on what the different letters mean in the jump setting? Or point me in the right direction? I've been looking online and have only been able to find the slalom settings.

Thanks in advance for any help!
kurt

Comments

• dislanddisland Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    The letter is how fast and strong the boat responds to the skier. I attached the chart that recommends a letter based on size and distance for the jumper
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 326 Crazy Baller
    @NickD You will need a jump switch plugged in with the jump rope threaded through the switch for the letters to have their intended effect. Are you contemplating pulling jumpers? Unless they are brand new jumpers, they will have an idea of what letter they have been jumping with.
  • ThomasasherThomasasher Posts: 24 Baller
    The jump settings are pretty simple once you get used to them. The letters basically are for how much pull the boat will give the skier to the jump. Letter A will give the least amount of pull and letter Z will give the most. I think @disland included a chart that is very handy to use. Don't forget about the RTB setting which disables the fast second segment pull. You would need RTB to be on if you are pulling kids or jumpers jumping less than 25meters. Hope that helps.
  • NickDNickD Posts: 15 Baller
    @skiinxs I ski on a collegiate team in Wisconsin, we have a jump switch from our old boat. We just upgraded to a boat with ZO were all a little confused on what the letters meant and what each one did.

Thanks all for the input and advice!
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 326 Crazy Baller
    edited April 13
    @NickD For the majority of your collegiate jumpers who are just taking a ride over on a "collegiate split" boat path, you are going to want letter A and as @Thomasasher mentioned RTB. There is no need to even use the switch on A. For any jumpers that are taking a cut to the ramp the chart is a good place to start, but you are going to want to watch the 82 Meter time. Refer to the Jump Timing Chart on page 111. You should try to hit the "ideal" time or .01 slower (i.e. 5.79 actual or 5.80 for 32 MPH) Too high of a letter will not give you a stronger pull as PerfectPass used to do. Actually with ZeroOff, too high of a letter will have the boat backing off at the base of the ramp.
    NickD
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 944 Crazy Baller
    You may also need an adapter cable to connect the perfectpass switch to your new ZO boat. ZO sells them.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
    NickD