Adam Sedlmajer - Pending Overall World Record

MattPMattP Posts: 5,879 Moderator
edited April 21 in Breaking News
Adam Sedlmajer @Sledgehammer set a pending overall world record at Lake Hancock today.
Great skiing Adam!!

4@41
10,640 pts
216'

If my spreadsheet is correct this would be 2820.79 points (old system which Jaret set the record under) new points 2,800.66

Jarret Llewellyn currently holds the record set in 2002 with 2,818.01 pts - 5@38 - 10,730 - ~235'
Bruce_ButterfieldBill22Than_BoganlazznDUSkierskiharteleeskiRazorskier1andjulesRazorRoss3Ed_JohnsonHorton

Comments

• MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,673 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    What is he slaloming on these days?

Those scores are amazing btw...
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,046 Mega Baller
    That's smokin! Few people realize just how hard it is to be at that level in 3 events.
    If it was easy, they would call it wakeboarding.
    Than_Bogandancinklindybishop8950
  • klindyklindy Posts: 1,910 Mega Baller
    Incredible!!! Way to go @Sledgehammer!!
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    dancin
  • jayskijayski Posts: 517 Crazy Baller
    @MrJones a Goode N1, had the fortune of getting to see Adam ski quite a bit this winter. Great technique and very disciplined in his movements, makes 39 look way too easy and has run 41 a ton
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 338 Solid Baller
    Wow impressive! That's what skiing used to be all about! Really exciting, I wish we could revive a sport and tour based on the 3 event format.
    MattPBruce_Butterfield
  • EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,286 Historical Baller
    Apparently, this year's Malibu Open will have a go at an Overall event. Will be interesting
    to see just what the format is. At one time (2003 Words), the Overall event was run as a
    separate "event". Jimmy Siemers won that one in Mens. Took a good bit of time, and now
    IWSF Overall is incorporated within the regular skiing.
    Back in the Old Days, the Overall was huge at the Masters, but it got dropped several years
    ago. At the time, with the Jump event last, scorers would figure just how far a skier had to
    go to win the OA. Made it extra exciting, as at times the jumper would go just far enough.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,619 Mega Baller
    So impressive. I actually think it's pretty easy to understand how amazing it is to be right at the top of THREE disciplines.
    Damn!!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 338 Solid Baller
    @Edbrazil I attended many of those Masters "back in the day" and it definitely made for some exciting finishes in front of really appreciative crowds. Looking forward to this year. Have to have some extra respect for those skiers that will still compete in more than just one event there.
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,412 Mega Baller
    Totally incredible
    Jim Ross
    Bill22
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,838 Mega Baller
    Very impressive. Love to see guys still skiing 3 events.
    Mark Shaffer