FlowPoint Podcast #12: Matteo Luzzeri - Flow & How to get it

HortonHorton Posts: 23,516 Administrator

The FlowPoint Professor is back! Matteo is on his way back home to Italy, but just before he left, I got to sit down and speak with him about Flow, what it is, what we know, and some things we can do to try to increase our odds of finding the FlowPoint.

In this episode we discuss the concept of “Flow”:

-Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi – father of Flow

-9 dimensions of Flow:

Challenge-skills balance
Action-awareness merging
Clear Goals
Unambiguous Feedback
Concentration on the task at hand
Sense of control
Loss of self-consciousness
Transformation of time
Autotelic experience
-How can we increases chances of finding Flow?

-Do you really need Flow to perform?

Additionally, here’s a Ted Talks with on the topic of Flow: Ted Talks on Flow

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

ALPJrkurtDaveD

Comments

• 303Skier303Skier Posts: 446 Solid Baller
    Very interesting insight into "flow" and theories on how to achieve it.

On another note...Marcus and Matteo talk about doing anything to help the sport even if it's a bad idea. I was at the Swiss Pro this weekend and I was blown away at how small the event was. Given it was Mothers day and all, I figured that was probably the reason? I was also at the head to head a few weeks prior and there were at least 200-300 people there. So why would that draw people and the Pro event didn't?

Got me thinking...what would make the event much better!? I think you need a giant screen with a really good camera in the boat broadcasting the skiing. I want to see the view from the boat. That would make it more interesting as a spectator for me. Also I'm a professional DJ so I think maybe a DJ spinning music between skiers would be cool too.

IDK, stupid or not...That's my thoughts!
    Jarrus Steele - Orlando, Florida
    Than_Bogan
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,311 Crazy Baller
    Another great one @MarcusBrown and @Luzz
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    Good stuff! Thanks for it.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,619 Mega Baller
    @303Skier That's a different topic, but an important one. Could you start a new thread with that?
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,879 Moderator
    @Luzz & @MarcusBrown Great stuff here from the professor. I will have to listen to it more than once.