70 year old M8 Bob Hardeman runs 5 @ 35 off / 34 MPH!

HortonHorton Posts: 23,547 Administrator
Did you wonder if someone was going to take full advantage for ZBS scoring in class C events? The rules said he could so Bob is now the man to beat in M8.

After Bob's ride he offered some Geritol to all the M3/ M4 /M5 on site.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Tagged:
MattPeleeskiALPJrThan_BoganMISkierbishop8950Bill22Bruce_ButterfieldMDB10569400lakeaustinskierMichaelGoodmanbogboykeithh2oskierDirtShakeskijimbrakeJody_Seal

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,547 Administrator
    On a serious note: I am not a fan of this rule but Holy Sheep Dip he skis better than most of you and he is 70.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• Mateo VargasMateo Vargas Posts: 684 Crazy Baller
    He tried it on Memorial Day at the Berkeley Aquatic Park but only ran 5@32 off. He should have run it, must have been too foggy to see six. Ricos are good right?
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,435 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    So is that scored 5@39?

I love Bob and he is a great skier. This is what we predicted. Stand by for a score at 36.
    I think I love his wife more. Different topic. Still waiting for bikini contest video.
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    Cuenca Espana
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,902 Crazy Baller
    @Dirt yes, based on his "max" of 30 mph, that would be the same buoy count as 5@39. As stated previously, what good is it though? He can't ski that speed at Regionals or Nationals. What can Bob do at 30 mph?
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,040 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    @LeonL The Cuenca photo is relevant because it was from the Senior World Championship trip where he was not scored at 30mph. How can he qualify when the AWSA speeds don't match IWWF speeds?

And Cuenca is a spectacular town to visit if you are a tourist in Spain.

Eric
  • Mateo VargasMateo Vargas Posts: 684 Crazy Baller
    @LeonL he ran 3@39 30mph last fall in a class C (on a borrowed ski). I believe that is what the current M8 record is.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
    keithh2oskier
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,860 Mega Baller
    It's interesting that, over the last 12 months, his 5@-35 34 mph score is only one buoy better than his 4@-38 32 mph score and only 2 buoys better than his 3@-39 30 mph score. That is close and, since 30 mph is a new speed for reaching his new age group, would he eventually improve with that speed to score on par with the other two higher speeds and approach that 6 buoy separation in speed/line length combo?

I also wonder which speed/line combo he enjoyed more.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    Wait until he runs 5@35 36 mph. "Only 2 buoys" at 39 and 41 is huge. A quarter buoy separates some of the best skiers.
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 874 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Bob told me he likes 34, he is fine with 32, but does not like 30.
    MISkierHorton
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,546
    I'm 69 and agree that 34 gives you more momentum for the shorter line lengths. I've run 39 in the past at 34 but could never do it at 32 mph. Been a goal for a long time now. Making ZO do the work for you is something I worked on with the GOAT, AM. Shot this video when I first started working on that. At age 69 the more you can get ZO to do the work the better I like it.

Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear !!!
    CBR51