Can yours?....

WishWish Posts: 6,641 Mega Baller
Back in the day she even knew how to use a little 4cyl stick shift truck to pull the boat back up the ramp with a little prop push. She could also drive, manual throttle and time the course before PP. Blessed. And damned attractive.

>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
GloersenFam-manTexas6BulldogmopowpowBruce_Butterfieldoldjeepandjules

Comments

• Fam-manFam-man Posts: 101 Baller
    My better half was driving boats waayyy before me. She usually handles the truck/ trailer when we are putting in and taking out of the lake. When we holiday I drive the truck and RV trailer, she drives the truck and boat trailer.
    Couldn't do it without her!
  • One_SkiOne_Ski Posts: 28 Baller
    Mine backs the trailer into the water, parks the car, then hops in the boat and pulls me through the course - she's also become a pretty good coach. My unfailing waterski partner for the last 10 years. Couldn't do it without her - and wouldn't want to.
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,661 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Mine has pulled a number of skiers through 39. Now backing a trailer is another story.... Fortunately the boat's on a lift!
    Ralph LeeBill22WishBruce_Butterfield
  • oldmanskieroldmanskier Posts: 100 Baller
    My wife has been driving me since 1974 and driving the course since 1978. Everyone in the No wake ski club likes for her to drive for them. As for backing or pulling the boat around she is willing to try but I still do those duties.
    Oldmanskier
    nzguy
  • Moved2skiMoved2ski Posts: 3 New Baller
    Yep, I got a good one too.
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 270 Baller
    I don't see my girlfriend backing the trailer any time soon (if ever,) but she drives the boat on and off the trailer and through the course......that works.
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 510 Crazy Baller
    :'( Mine used too. :'( Now she hates anything to do with skiing and boating.
  • ESPNSkierESPNSkier Posts: 113 Baller
    Mine has been driving for me since the mid 70s (40th wedding anniversary this summer) and used to manually drive great times through the course at 36 mph. Still drives a great line today and is always there to pump me up...and talk me down. I had to laugh when I read @wish's post about backing down the 4 speed truck. We used to pull our 1st Nautique with an old 5-speed Nissan truck back in southern Louisiana and old guys would ask my pretty little 20 year old wife if she needed help backing down the ramp. She would just laugh and back it down like a pro. I would drive it on, give it a bit of throttle to get the truck started up the ramp and we were out of there in 30 seconds....used to blow them away at the ramp! Like many of you, I am truly blessed and lucky!!!
    GloersenRalph Lee
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,444 Mega Baller
    edited June 10
    My wife is my main driver and is pretty much the only one that takes the boat on and off the trailer - which is every time we use it. Always fun at the launch to back in, have her fire up and we are out of there in 30 seconds. She goes out and putts around while I take the 1/4 mile jog up/down the hill to the parking lot and then noses up to the courtesy dock to pick up/drop me off. The load up is even better, as long as I have the trailer in properly she has it gliding towards the trailer in neutral - motor is off before it hits the v bunks. Couple quick cranks and we are out.

Now backing the trailer - she has absolutely no interest in learning nor do I have any interest in trying to teach her how to do it. She doesn't like driving my truck without a trailer behind it ;)

Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • MSMS Posts: 4,238 Mega Baller
    @Mrs_MS is the best in the business
    Shut up and ski
    Wishthager
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 496 Solid Baller
    My wife grew up on boats in the same lake as me. She is a champ when it comes to backing the trailer down and driving the boat in the course or open water. I am one lucky guy!
  • braindamagebraindamage Posts: 14 Baller
    edited June 11
    My wife just started driving the boat last summer after 26 years of dating-marriage. I'm super excited that's she is willing to try, though she is verrryy nervous.
    WishThan_Boganm_pags
  • xratedxrated Posts: 476 Solid Baller
    Mine drives for me and will pull friends. She isn't ready to pull the kids yet.

There may have been some tense moments last year as she was learning. Best thing we did was take 2 friends and stick them in the boat with her while she pulled about 10 different people.
  • Fast351Fast351 Posts: 196 Baller
    My wife drives me on a regular basis. She even tolerates (but does not enjoy) getting up early to get the good water.

Before moving to the lake, she was the boat loader. She's better at it than I am, and I have little interest in teaching her to trailer back. I tell you what though, if you've never loaded an inboard in 3-5 MPH current on a river, that's a whole different ballgame. Like I said, she's better at it than I am.

Oh, and even though we have Perfect Pass now, back in the early days she drove me while wakeboarding behind an I/O. Steering, throttle, AND trim. Not a problem :smile:
    Mike van Meeteren
    Wish
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,326 Mega Baller
    @Fast351 lots of river in my youth. About 3 years ago had to shoot my boat lift in crosswind white caps...you only get one shot. We hit it thank goodness your wife must be good. She should get her pilots license
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 461 Solid Baller
    I taught my wife before we were married. Had to make sure she could drive. I tell people it's in the wedding vows.
    Keith MenardFast351
  • DaveLemonsDaveLemons Posts: 244 Solid Baller
    My wife loads the boat/drives for me. River is currently at 23,000 cfs. Side current coming in to the trailer. I'm a lucky man
    davestaxidermystudio.com