Hero 5

Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 126 Baller
I still haven't played with the FOV settings much (at all), but I thought you guys might be interested in the gauges. I am going to try and hook it up to my ski soon as I think that will be far more interesting than what the boat is doing. I thought a chesty might be cool too.

Anyway, this is my first full pass @ 28mph, which is where I left off last season. Hoping to build on it from there!

Comments

• Mark_MatisMark_Matis Posts: 764 Crazy Baller
    I'm not a very good skier, so you should probably ignore these recommendations:

1. Pull out wider for your gate. You are getting slightly outside the line of the turn buoys, but at that line length you can easily get another 10-15 feet wider, which makes things easier all the way down the course.
    2. Start your turn for the gates when the #1 turn buoy looks like it's about 15-20 feet in front of the left gate (in other words, after the left gate "passes" the #1 turn buoy by about that distance).
    3. Turn to aim the ski at the center of the gap between the gate buoys, and then pull all the way through both wakes.
    4. Don't be afraid to let the ski carry well out past the 1-3-5 line of turn buoys. That will give you a better chance to make the turn smoothly and then get a good pull through both wakes on the way to #2.
    5. Lather, rinse, repeat all the way down the course.

This technique does not necessarily work well as you get to line lengths of 28 off or less, but for where you are now, it is the fastest way to progress.
    Keith MenardObrienslalom
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 126 Baller
    I really did just want people to see the 'gauges' on the Gopro, but I do appreciate the advice. You can probably tell, I am VERY hesitant on the gates because I haven't figured out when to pull, how hard, etc...which means, I am late everywhere else :)
  • hemlockhemlock Posts: 53 Baller
    That is pretty cool. It would be neat see how accurate it is to show how a skier accelerates and decelerates and what angle they get wake crossing. Neat technology.
  • hemlockhemlock Posts: 53 Baller
    The camera can stay in the boat, but the sensor should be on the skier. Not sure if that's possible.
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,072 Mega Baller
    The video quality is fantastic. Without zoom, I still believe that is a more useful video than what I get with iPhone on Wakeeye
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 126 Baller
    @hemlock I wish!