Radar neo sleeve..

WishWish Posts: 6,782 Mega Baller
Anyone using one of these (neon green with fin PVC protector end part).? I'm curious if the PVC portion is removable. I'd rather use my FinFerkin in its place. It looks like it would fit if whatever Radar has in there is removable. Any durability issues? Thanks
>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<

Comments

• brooksbrooks Posts: 144 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @Wish the PVC fin protector that is in the neoprene is fully removable and without it just has a bigger neoprene section down there. Makes for a giant koozie when removed.
    WishBroussard
  • ZmanZman Posts: 965 Crazy Baller
    @Wish I have the neon green also cuz it was all Travis H had at the time. I love it. Like the black/silver a lil better. Why not use the protector that is built in? Seems pretty robust to me. I'll take a look and see if it comes out easy.
    Blood type IPA
    Wish
  • WishWish Posts: 6,782 Mega Baller
    @Zman thanks. And I can't go anywhere without my finferkin.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • ZmanZman Posts: 965 Crazy Baller
    @brooks hit the post comment button quicker than me. :) Yup, just looked at mine, comes out easy. Now that I know it makes a good can coozie, good to know I got back up!
    Blood type IPA
  • JordanOzJordanOz Posts: 58 Baller
    edited June 13
    I have the green one which I currently use, and I have the silver and black previous years. The silver and black was not overly robust in the tip (for 69" Senates) which I thought odd as Radar skis have pointy tips, and the stitching has come apart where the tip is. However the new green one has additional material up there on the top side and bottom side of the cover for the tip, and I can't see a pointy tip going through it. Mind you, I'm on the new Vapor now and it isn't as pointy as the 15/16 Senates. :) See pics.

One thing that is great I think about being able to remove the fin protector is that I can also use the fin protector by itself when I want to have the ski in a single padded ski bag. When the ski is in the ski locker of the 200 I have it in the neo sock, but if my boat isn't being used, sometimes I use a ski bag and the fin protector can be used. Handy.