New Carbon Pro replacement or model info yet?

bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 581 Crazy Baller
So all of this talk about the new Nautique has got me wondering if there is anything new on the Carbon Pro? Maybe @Horton knows something? Love to see something.
jpattigrRalph Leebdmz

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,684 Administrator
    @bigskieridaho last i heard the engineers were busy getting it ready to be seen. 60 -90 days is my guess.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 581 Crazy Baller
    Cool can't wait to see it! By the time I am ready to buy another boat I will be able to afford one.
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,925 Crazy Baller
    edited June 13
    Don't pile on me or throw rocks at me, but I heard a rumor that there won't be a 2018 Carbon Pro. That there won't be anymore of them. Again probably an unfounded rumor, based on @Horton 's comment above.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • santangelosantangelo Posts: 150 Solid Baller
    @LeonL, they are actively working on one.
  • ntxntx Posts: 759 Crazy Baller
    Heard it will be branded as a Supreme. Open Bow.
    scotchipmansantangeloMISkierShakeski
    @LeonL That rumor is 100% out there and 100% not true. Makes you wonder who started it and why.

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

ShakeskiRalph Lee
    @ntx that is correct

gt2003Shakeski
    @ntx @Horton yep that's what you were saying the last time this subject came up. My wife was just saying the other day that she still loves the CP and maybe one day there will be an OB so it will work for us. Wonder what it will be called? Supreme Carbon Pro doesn't sound right....
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 971 Crazy Baller
    edited June 13
    I wonder why they would rebrand it under Supreme? More and more people are skiing the Carbon Pro every year and its now getting to the point that people will a buy a Carbon Pro instead of the other 3 brands. And now they want to put it under a different name? Doesn't make sense to me because I would think some people are going to think they discontinued it.
    Than_BoganescmanazeAndrescotchipman
  • John BrooksJohn Brooks Posts: 272 Crazy Baller
    I know that I bought @santangelo 2015 CP and could not be happier. These boats have the best wakes, drive great and look forward to them continuing in the future.
    santangelobigskieridahoBill22Bdecker
  • FSSPCatFSSPCat Posts: 57 Baller
    edited June 13
    I don't know why they would rebrand it. It seems to be gaining a great deal of momentum. (Unrelated, that little boat in the picture would be hilariously fun).
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,925 Crazy Baller
    Well as a stretch, but still perhaps a basis for the rumor. In a manner of speaking CarbonPro will cease to exist, if it gets rebranded. Maybe no malice on anyone's part, just misunderstanding.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    The product name CarbonPro will be retained. The decision to change the branding from Centurion to Supreme is all about marketing strategy. I can't exactly explain the logic but Fineline who is the parent company believe the boat will be more successful under the Supreme brand.

In the end the boat will be built in the same factory by the same people with the same processes. The 2018 boat is expected to have the same driving and skiing attributes but with a more broad appeal amenities on the inside ( or something like that).

Shakeskikeithh2oskiervtjc
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 425 Crazy Baller
    Holy Cow, this is a huge deal!!! A carbon pro with the possibility of open bow means that even guys with a family have a chance at skiing on a boat that is less than 20 years old without going broke!!!

I wonder if they are going to make it ugly like all the supreme wakeboard boats the same way CC is supposedly about to make the 200 ugly like the GS20. If so, that would leave MC all alone with the only ski boat that isn't hideous.

Still, hideous or not, if it's at the supreme type price point and it has open bow, that boat is legitimately on my radar. Now I can't wait for 60-90 days!!
  • NandoNando Posts: 350 Solid Baller
    Open bow and closed bow, or just open? I don't understand re-branding it as a Supreme, as my memory of Ski Supremes is certainly not going to sway me to buy one. In a short time, they have gained a ton of credibility as the Centurion Carbon Pro- I'm not the branding guru in my family, but it seems like a step backwards.
    AndreThan_Boganescmanaze
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 433 Solid Baller
    edited June 13
    If I had to guess I think it may look something like this Supreme S202 with a different wetted surface and different tower.
    Good looking boat!

https://goo.gl/jEu0HP
    Nando
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,598 Mega Baller
    Kidding right? Those Supremes are the second ugliest boat on the water, right behind Epic. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you peeled off all the stickers and could do something about the frankenstien dash.

Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    MattPescmanaze
    I really just feel that they have had an issue this entire time with people being accepting of a 4th brand and they are finally overcoming that.... And then they decide to change the brand name :|
    Andrebigskieridahoescmanaze
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 433 Solid Baller
    edited June 13
    @oldjeep...overall good looking. Doesn't mean there isn't room for cleaning up the look of some areas. Heck any boat out there I bet everyone of us would have a nit pick here or there.
    @ntx I understand that but why do they have to rebrand it to do that? It just seems to me like they are pushing the restart button on getting people to trust a new brand
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,326 Crazy Baller
    @Mateo Vargas spy photo?
  • ntxntx Posts: 759 Crazy Baller
    @Live2ski I agree and don't know the answer. See @Horton post above. I do believe that the resale value of the boats from the last few years will take a huge hit. Keep in mind that well before your time,
    (early 80's to early 90's) Supreme had very good name recognition.
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 146 Solid Baller
    @Mateo Vargas I would love to get one of those addictor boats ! Wanting one since I was a little kid
    @ntx 93 Supreme was a great boat. Think my longest practice jumps ever were behind that boat.

• CentCent Posts: 80 Baller
    Interesting.

I have a 6.0 Carbon Pro and absolutely love it. My wife does also. For us the wakes are unsurpassed.

I have experience as a dealer from some years past with Nautique, Mastercraft, and Centurion.

For my wife especially the Centurion wake experience carried the day. The Carbon Pro gives me what we like without a bunch we do not need. It is a ski boat and a great one plain and simple.

The boat is is not as well known but it delivers what it was designed to do which is not an all around her, but purpose built ski boat.

We also have a bow rider at the dock; a design with some have family benefits for many.

Over all I have probably used roughly 60 plus tournament boats from the three companies in various years as a primary boat. We switched are personal boat often.

But for us the Carbon Pro is our all time favorite. If it's at the end of its run then for us it's time the Centurion Carbon Pro became a cult boat starting today with us. This is the boat we will keep.

John BrookssantangeloMISkierBdecker
  • DWDW Posts: 1,554 Crazy Baller
    IMO a more concerning statement is "more broad appeal amenities" which more times than not translates to higher MSRP.

For my buying criteria, the brand identity will rest in wake performance, followed by a whole bunch of other criteria before I worry about what the name on the side of the boat says. I am sure the brand marketers cringe at that.
    Than_Bogan
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,598 Mega Baller
    The brand switch might also make it easier for them to let smaller dealers in a market who care about ski boats handle the Supreme line while the Centurion dealers can continue to be more interested in selling $130K + wake boats. The CP seems to fit in better with the entry level Supreme wake boats than the rest of the expensive centurion line.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    I really like the design and look of the CP. If they are just rebranding it and adding an open bow and not changing the look go for it. Seems like auto and boat manufactures have to keep changing everything all the time. Honestly none of us need a boat or car that looks like a morphed spaceship. Hopefully they don't completely ruin it.