which waterskis made in USA?

moskimoski Posts: 26 Baller
curious which waterskis are made in the USA?

i heard and let me know if this is accurate:
Connelly is made in USA, true or false?
Top end Radar is USA, but their mid range is China, true or false?

What about:
HO, D3, Obrien,

Thanks,
moski

Comments

• MattPMattP Posts: 5,804 Moderator
    edited June 15
    Made in USA:
    Radar
    Mapple
    D3
    Raptor
    HO
    O'brien
    Connelly
    Goode
    Denali
    MC I think has US production?
    Goodman
    Quantum
    jayskiRazorRoss3
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,018 Administrator
    edited June 15
    @MattP got it mostly right. Almost all high end skis are made in the United States. Most mid and low range skis are made in Asia. Reflex has made in France I assume.

Being made in Asia is not necessarily a bad thing. In the case of Radar they actually have their own facility and their own staff there. I have not seen any significant quality issues because of Asian manufacturing.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babe's /Connelly / DBSkisGoode / HO Syndicate / Mapple / Masterline / O'Brien /
    MasterCraft / Perfomance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

RazorRoss3Skoot1123
  • moskimoski Posts: 26 Baller
    thank you guys. good stuff. appreciate it.

im looking for a used/new to me ski.
    @moski don't be afraid of skis made outside the US.

MasterCraft / Perfomance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Than_BoganSkoot1123
  • moskimoski Posts: 26 Baller
    @Horton thank you. this is a great forum. followed for awhile. great people on this forum. i've talked to a few guys over the phone last night and today. great advice.

as far as skis. i got good advice last night from a guy on this forum. great phone call. thanks @OB1
    im a: 30 mph. ive hit 15 off and have got to 3 ball at 22 off. he said wake will be a little better at 32 mph, so thats what i plan to do. but also my ski is a 1997 HO mach 1 65". boot w/ a RTP. he said dude time to upgrade that shit. lol....
    again he gave me good advice. don't do a top level ski, i should do a mid range ski for what im doing now which will help me in the long run. also do Wiley boots....

I believe he said maybe stay at 65" ski but do a mid range for my speed and rope length (im 5'8" and 150): i think he said Radar senate is a mid range ski. what are other mid range skis????? im a bit out of the loop.

Thanks,
    moski
    D3dude
    edited June 15
    Radar Senate, Connelly V or HO CX would all be great for you. Check out www.perfski.com they will hook you up and give you solid advice

• jayskijayski Posts: 495 Crazy Baller
    O'Brien is not, transferred production about 2 years ago and Ho is transferring production to overseas this year...I would safely assume Connelly will follow as it all part of the same company
    @jayski You are correct about O'Brien but I am doubtful that the high end PVC core / all carbon Connelly and HO skis are going overseas. We will see.

• ScottScottScottScott Posts: 270 Baller
    Im sure the ski manufactures will do a fine job of maintaining quality of asian produced skis. Goes a little farther than that though. If given the choice between 2 quality manufacturers i would opt for the one produced in the US.
  • jayskijayski Posts: 495 Crazy Baller
    @Horton word right from my HO wholesale rep himself this spring, transition is this year...
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 386 Baller
    Materials, equipment and machinery are everywhere the same.
    It is all about quality management, production and postproduction control.
    Hortonmoski
  • dbskidbski Posts: 163 Solid Baller
    All DBskis are made in the great state of Michigan U.S.A.
    Rick Bohn
    jayskiMISkierMateo VargasRAWSki
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 2,926 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    Leeskis are built in my airplane hangar in San Diego! But you can't buy one.
    andybgsm_peterDaveD