Recommended ski coaching

dhofertdhofert Posts: 70 Baller
Hey guys,
I was thinking I might want to take a vacation next spring and get a week of training. What places do you recommend and why? I don't want to go broke so I'm looking for probably not more that $1000 not including travel.

Comments

• ScottScottScottScott Posts: 229 Baller
    edited June 15
    Orlando area, lots of choices. I go to Jodi Fisher regularly and highly recommend him. Seems like anytime I go out there, there are new people hanging out for several days.....from all over the world.
    MattP
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 411 Solid Baller
    Stisher in Charleston, SC. You will learn, improve, and have fun doing so.
    skiseth.com
    jerrymvolsandskis
  • jayskijayski Posts: 485 Crazy Baller
    @drew ross, incredible site and you can have Jmac coach you also in Winter Garden
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,578 Mega Baller
    Jack Travers is a great place as well. I went there with my son a few years ago and got great instruction and had a good time. My son jumps and tricks so Travers was good for that. There are lots of good options in the FL area depending on what you are looking for.
    Mark Shaffer
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,205 Crazy Baller
    edited June 15
    LaPoint's in Orlando looks real good to me. Lots of options in Orlando. There's Cobles's in NC and Trophy in SC. Farther north is Daggett Lake in NY. West Coast there's the Great and others.
  • dhofertdhofert Posts: 70 Baller
    Honestly I don't know what I really want. This weekend will be my first time in a course at the radar demo. I guess I would like to get the basics down and a little bit more as well as have a good time of course.
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,681 Moderator
    @dhofert I recommend Jodi Fisher in Orlando as well. Though you can't really go wrong with many of the schools in FL.
  • MSMS Posts: 4,155 Mega Baller
    Chet Raley
    Shut up and ski
    ozskiski6jones
  • Mark_MatisMark_Matis Posts: 764 Crazy Baller
    Don't forget The Boarding School in Bithlo...
    theboardingschoolwolfgang
  • Mark_MatisMark_Matis Posts: 764 Crazy Baller
    edited June 15
  • oldmanskieroldmanskier Posts: 97 Baller
    Chet Raley and his employee Noah are very good coaches.
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,293
    Austin Abel, google Abel Ski School, amazing site and a great coach.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: Nano One XT

lcarnes
  • dbskidbski Posts: 149 Solid Baller
    The cool thing about skiing with Seth not only is the site and Seth great, but Charleston is a great place for a vacation!
    Rick Bohn
    BlueSkiski6jones
  • schaferschafer Posts: 274 Baller
    @dhofert Another vote for The Boarding School. But I'd bet you will have a great time with @brooks this weekend at the RadarNation day!
    Quest for the Purple Loop
    theboardingschoolwtrskior
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 605 Solid Baller
    Europe is nice. Strong USD... great value.

Waterskiitaly.com. Italy
    Sessena Madrid
    Gravon Paris area
    Roque Brune. France Nice area
    And many more
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
    wtrskiorDaveDandjules
  • JrbeeksJrbeeks Posts: 15 Baller
    All great options. My personal choice would be Matt Rini
    skihartJordanOzFLeboeuf
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,578 Mega Baller
    Think about if you want an all inclusive experience where you stay on the site and get fed or if you want to stay in a hotel and drive to the site. Places like Travers, Bennets and Coble's have lodging on site and generally feed you. There may be others that fall in to that category but those three pop to the top of my mind.

Other places you would show up in the morning and ski then go back to your hotel. Also lots of good options that have been highlighted here.
    Mark Shaffer
  • AbR_Ski_StudentAbR_Ski_Student Posts: 1 Baller
    I'll throw in another vote for The Boarding School in Orlando. I really can't say enough good things about the staff, coaching, equipment, and setup you have access to there. Plus, if you're looking for an all-inclusive trip they will pick you up from the airport, house you, and feed you all on site. 10/10, would recommend!
    schaferMark_Matis
  • dhofertdhofert Posts: 70 Baller
    For sure thinking about the all inclusive.
  • bkreisbkreis Posts: 201 Baller
    @dhofert also consider time of year. spring can be cold in north florida. Miami ski club has great coaching, hotels very near by..south beach 20 min away..etc..yes I love Miami!!
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,272 Mega Baller
    Jodi Fisher is great for a very wide range of skills, from course big inner through short line.
    Jim Ross
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,595 Mega Baller
    We would love to have you at LaPoint Ski Park. Kris and Jen are great coaches and if you like you can demo a Mapple T3. We are two miles from Performance and you can be skiing within an hour of wheels down at MCO (Orlando Airport).
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    Mark_Matis
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 203 Baller
    I would recomend the Swiss ski resort too near Orlando. You can rent a house watching the lake, play golf to relax, great coaching with Clint or anyone and probably meet super skier. i hour drive from the airport.
  • tctc Posts: 77 Baller
    If you are on the west coast Train With Terry Winter is a good option. On line coaching and follow up in person at Liquid Zone in person...priceless!!!
    If you are on the west coast Train With Terry Winter is a good option. On line coaching and follow up in person at Liquid Zone in person.
    If you are on the west coast Train With Terry Winter is a good option. On line coaching and follow up in person at Liquid Zone in person.
    Jrbeeks
  • GarnGarn Posts: 358 Solid Baller
    Matt Rini in Orlando. The best.
    JrbeeksJordanOz
  • JrbeeksJrbeeks Posts: 15 Baller
    @tc agree as well. was fortunate enough to get some sets in with Terry in my earlier years and the guy is incredible
  • skihardskihard Posts: 496 Crazy Baller
    You haven't really said where you want to go on vacation?
    Lots of hype for Florida on here but there's lots of other places to go ski too!
    2014 Carbon Pro, Radar Pro Build Lithium Vapor w/ Vapor Carbitex Boa Bindings - life's about working hard and then having fun on the water! I am - are you?
    ski6jones