Overhead Shred of K.C. Wilson

HortonHorton Posts: 23,364 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babe's /Connelly / DBSkis /Denali Goode / HO Syndicate / Mapple / Masterline / O'Brien /
MasterCraft / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

ALPJrMurrskiskidawgDmaxJC_skischaferMattPDefectiveDaveakale15lakeaustinskierBulldog

Comments

• ZmanZman Posts: 949 Crazy Baller
    Very cool. 35?
    Blood type IPA
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 1,482 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Awsome ! it's never going to happen, but how I wish I could ski like that, what stands out is the Control and the ability to allow the ski to run down course a little.

"How Nice Is It, When You Feel The Boat Release You ”

• skihartskihart Posts: 347 Baller
    Great video, love that perspective. In the first part of the course when its zoomed in you can really see the handle control and early edge change very clearly. I feel like its closer to a skier perspective than a vid shot from the boat. I am guessing 35 or 38?
  • DefectiveDaveDefectiveDave Posts: 433 Solid Baller
    Awesome video! Love the perspective, just wish it started like 3 seconds earlier so I could see the glide and turn in, haha.
    Wish
  • Ralph LeeRalph Lee Posts: 492
    This is a perfect video to show my kid, who is pulling way too long after the wakes.
    akale15
  • DmaxJC_skiDmaxJC_ski Posts: 341 Baller
    So early all the way through.
    I am amazed at how early he comes off the handle into 1 3 5. I always try to hold on as long as I can, almost out to buoy width if possible. Clearly when you are that good its not an issue.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,364 Administrator
    @skihart 36 is different

Babe's /Connelly / DBSkis /Denali Goode / HO Syndicate / Mapple / Masterline / O'Brien /
    MasterCraft / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Ralph Leeskihart
    @Horton You mean beacuse of the cross course speed they can generate?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,364 Administrator
    edited June 16
    @skihart yes but looking at the video again i do not think he is off the handle early. You "think" you are on longer then that but are you sure? I bet not. KC is so freaking early it looks odd.

skihart
  • AdamCordAdamCord Posts: 449 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    When you're that early on a line length this long (well, long for KC), you'd be way outside the buoy if you stayed on the handle too long. Also 34 is certainly different from 36.
    @Horton you might be right. I have never seen myself from this perspective so its hard to tell. It does "feel" like I am on the handle way longer than that but can't be sure. Maybe i need to buy a drone....
  • gt2003gt2003 Posts: 618 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    As I fight to get comfortable with my offside turn and actually skiing across course instead of down course, it amazes me to watch him ski. It LOOKS like he is going way down course (angle wise) but he is SOOO EARLY. I'm glad there isn't any drone footage of me. I'm afraid it would look like I was skiing directly behind the boat the whole time! Nice skiing K.C.!
    2016 Radar Alloy Vapor
  • Onside135Onside135 Posts: 377 Solid Baller
    Odd thing about this video is that it was shot from a helicopter vs. a drone. I only point it out because that's not the norm these days...
  • Mateo VargasMateo Vargas Posts: 680 Crazy Baller
    @Onside135 it's called a human drone.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet