AWSA Launches 3-2-1Kampaign

HortonHorton Posts: 23,517 Administrator
edited June 21 in Breaking News

fbcover

Join AWSA on it's mission to:

Bring in 3,000 new members #getamemberchallenge, teach 2,000 people to ski #imawaterskier, and get 1,000 skiers to their first tournament #tryitloveitliveit. It's called the 3-2-1Kampaign #321kampaign. Help build our sport by achieving one of the goals.

Achieve it...take a pic...post it...tag it! Help brand the campaign by changing your profile picture to the 321k logo.

AWSA needs everyone to help embrace this campaign, spread the word, and help make this campaign succeed. This is not about rules, surveys, or some pipe dream idea. This is a simple campaign the just requires effort by our members, and if we can reach our goal AWSA will be in the best shape it has been in years. And it doesn't cost a dime!

The customers that we are looking for to reach this goal are out there, loving life on the water everyday. All this takes is the extra effort to convert those customers into future members.

We need our members to make this campaign a brand, and to make it go viral by promoting it and getting everyone behind it. There are 6,000 total goals so if each member can help achieve one of them.....we will succeed.

The goal is to bring in 3,000 new members (3k), teach 2,000 to ski that have never skied before (2k), and get 1,000 skiers to their first tournament (1K). Thus the 3-2-1K part and we are spelling Campaign with a K.

We are using 3 hashtags, 1 for each step. So any member that achieves one of the steps should use these hashtags or tag @awsa3event on instagram or @amwaterskiassn on FB or send pics/vids to j_surdej@yahoo.com.

3k part #getamemberchallenge
2k part #imawaterskier
1k part #tryitloveitliveit

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

ALPJrLuzz

Comments

• JeffSurdejJeffSurdej Posts: 244 USAWS Official
    Thanks for posting John, we are excited for this Kampaign. Any new members that are recruited as a result of this outreach should use the promo code 321 when joining AWSA so we can track our results.
    AWSA President
    eleeskiMillerTime38MISkierALPJr
    Love getting these emails on a Monday......

Jeff,
    I held my annual slalom tournament on Saturday.
    I am pleased to inform you that I had three skiing in their first tournament.

Scott Tennant - M3
    Travis Stuckey - M3
    David Wicker - M8

Ray Crenshaw
    Toccoa, GA
    AWSA President
    ski6jonesALPJrMISkierDaveD
    A good story from this weekend at our tournament in Avon CT. Bruce Hoag has not skied competitively since he skied collegiate. He is a public lake skier without a Slalom Course. Last week, he joined USA Water Ski as a new member and skied in our tournament. He had a great time and we've got him hooked.
    Thanks, Pat Byrne
    AWSA President
    ALPJrMISkierDaveD
    Keep the stories coming....First Tournament ever (Lex Carroll Memorial @ Adam Farm Pond in Oakham MA) for the following skiers:
    Chesterfield Behner B1
    Carolina Trask G1
    Leonardo Topa M4
    #getamemberchallenge #tryitloveitliveit #321kampaign #usaws

With David Allen
    AWSA President
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,311 Crazy Baller
    edited June 26
    Nice move @JeffSurdej. You can add me to the ranks of returning M5 skiers in the east. Last one was 2006.
    MISkier
    @ALPJr Welcome back, send me a pic if you have one? First time as a member since 2006 also?
    AWSA President
    edited June 27
    Seth and Cydney Donovan. First year skiing. from Keith Albritton

AWSA President
    Kersten Cawley, New Member First tournament! from Kieth Albritton
    AWSA President
    DaveD
    Lee Wright , New AWSA member #22 #getamemberchallenge. First AWSA tournament skier #27 #tryitloveitliveit #321kampaign #usawaterski
    Lee won the pot. We all put in $10.00 the closest to their average wins! Lee had a PB in the tournament as well.
    AWSA President
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,879 Moderator
    @JeffSurdej if I'm not mistaken we had 3 new AWSA skiers at a tournamnt this past weekend.
    @MattP Great News, let's keep this ball rolling.
    AWSA President
    G

Greenie is killing it, he taught 4 people to ski for the first time in the last 2 days
    AWSA President
    Broussard
  • LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 218 Baller
    Skied my first first tournament in over 32 years this past weekend at @JeffSurdej 's place, Waters Edge. Met a lot of great people, had fun hanging out with my fellow team members, witnessed a lot of great skiing (the newbies were just as much fun to watch as the experienced veterans) and got to meet Jeff.

I skied like crap both rounds but I'm looking forward to doing it again. :smiley:

Clay
    Baller Index: -31.67
    Great to meet ya and see you in your first AWSA tournament.
    AWSA President
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    I joined.
  • storm34storm34 Posts: 42 Baller
    edited July 18
    @Klinger and I started a ski club last spring in hopes of getting more people skiing at our lake in Dexter, IA. Over the last 18 months we've seen nearly 50 new skiers at our lake, 2 new AWSA members in 2016 and 8 new AWSA members in 2017! Club members range in age from 2-52 and have a wide variety of ability levels ranging from novice to nationals qualifier and an adaptive skier who's made huge strides in the past two years.

The addition of a weekly ski league has jump started our club and gotten people off the dock, either chasing buoys or supporting club activities. Our lake association has shown a lot of support as we establish a strong foundation to a successful club.

Even better yet, we've started adding safety coordinators, trained drivers and a few non-skiing volunteers to help our efforts so we can host sanctioned clinics. Who knows, maybe even a tournament in the future.

We're expecting to have a few first time tournament skiers this weekend at the Iowa State Tournament and with any luck some new regional qualifiers as well. All of our ski club members have made huge strides this year but most importantly, they've had a ton of fun!

@JeffSurdej - our members (Diamondhead Lake Ski Club) probably didn't register with the 321 code but 8 of the 11 members are new this year!
    mnewthDaveD
    @storm34 excellent work, thank you and keep it going. These are the type of programs that are really going to increase our sport
    AWSA President
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,701 Mega Baller
    Got 4 more people up on skis for the first time, yesterday. They are coming back for more. Prior few weeks, I've taught 6 others to ski, plus 3 of those are already on slalom.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
    sunvalleylaw
  • sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    I have said this before, but my 17 year old now is a slalom skier, working on wake crossings and playing with whip drills to get started. My daughter just got up on skis for the first time the other day. Trying to grow a few new ones. May have an opportunity to get a couple of their friends up this next week.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,311 Crazy Baller
    @JeffSurdej was an active member from 1976 to 2008. Got busy with kids travel sports. Planning to ski a 3rd slalom tourney this fall.
    AWSA membership had its first June increase in 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job everyone, let's keep it going!
    AWSA President