Goode XTR

I was just looking at Facebook and noticed a picture of Martin Bartalsky on the new Goode XTR. What do we know about this new ski?
- President of the Utah Water Ski Club
- USI Tech pays for my water ski addiction

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,558 Administrator
    edited June 25
    Zip. Nada. Nothing in the rumor mill and I am sitting on a mother load of industry rumors.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• skialexskialex Posts: 587 Solid Baller
    It looks like a XT, Racing edition B)
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,883 Crazy Baller
    OH....Its ON!!!
    Bob Grizzi
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 294 Baller
    I'm trying one right now!
    Turns better than the nano one with more speed cross course.
    I'm on a pro build now and the XTR is no where near as fast as the vapor but you can do no wrong in the turn.
    I'm on the 68 at 215lbs. I'm still working pretty hard behind the boat but the turns are rewarding. Maybe I should lose a few lbs.
    I ski at 22 28 and can get a few at 32 and it gets way better the shorter it gets.
    MISkierscotchipmanmmosley899aupatkingtjm
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,659
    Thanks @mbabiash I'm also on the Pro Build...got off Goode due to the extra effort needed which wore me out...love how the Goode skis turn ever since the Nano One came out but miss the speed of the 9100-9900.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - USI Tech pays for my water ski addiction
    Jörgen Jansson
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,377
    Pattern looks like the Denali, at a glance it looks like a 3.1 with Goode stickers..
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

adamhcaldwell
  • MickeyThompsonMickeyThompson Posts: 102 Baller
    Does anyone have more information on the Goode XTR?
    Mick04
  • J3J3 Posts: 44 Baller
    My wife has 6 sets on one. Its a 65" but it looks like its about the same size as her 64.25" Rev6. She says its less work and turns better than her Rev.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,844 Mega Baller
    @OB1 makes a good point. I had some ski issues a couple of years ago when I swapped my Goode Mid for a N1 which I never got happy on. I tried a Helix then a 2015 Vapor Lithium which I never got a handle on. I finally went back to a Goode Mid which was like coming home. It seemed like the extremes of slow and fast didn't work for me.

I do like trying new stuff though and have been interested in the Rev 6 and the HO VTX once I get back on the water. I won't be in a position to do much this year so it will be next year before I get to play with new skis.
    Mark Shaffer
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,844 Mega Baller
    @OB1 what are you skiing on now?
    Mark Shaffer
  • LakeOneSkierLakeOneSkier Posts: 218 Baller
    @OB1 , what did you think of the HO VTX?
    Baller Index: -31.67
  • bradbbradb Posts: 26 Baller
    Thought this was supposed to be about the Goode XTR!
    Horton
  • slowslow Posts: 257 Baller
    What length vapor
  • buoyboy1buoyboy1 Posts: 59 Baller
    How many sets on the Vapor?
    jcamp
    @OB1 please create another thread about your yard sale.

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

skibug
  • walleyewalleye Posts: 168 Baller
    Would like to here more about the xtr vs xt vs d3 arc. The boy has shared his mothers skiis for x year's now his foot has out grown mamas.. In 2 years he will go 36 he is on a xt now. He likes 36 due to glide but I am curious about 36 vs 34 mph ski. He has a chance to place at nationals B2 so I am relunctant to buy a 36mph ski and blow opputunity national medal especially next year. Any good feed back would be appreciated.
    tdusin
  • walleyewalleye Posts: 168 Baller
    The whole family has been on xt's for 4/5 years. The speed has slowed---is it time change? Is the xtr good as the xt and is the new xt better than the old ones. I do not have a flex tester. Was told by dave g carbon skiis do not breakdown. How does the d3 arc compare. The boy is promised and earned a new stick at nationals. Ya think a complete family change out is due? Thanks T.
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 971 Crazy Baller
    @walleye carbon skis defenitely break down, I don't know about comparing the skis, but carbon skis absolutely will break down over time and if left in the wrong conditions (in the sun/ in the car)
  • kckc Posts: 64 Baller
    edited July 2
    I just saw a picture that Goode posted on Instagram of Regina holding a XTR. It said that she ran three at 41 in around two at Lymanland on the ski.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,621 Mega Baller
    Complete guess: reunifying the XT and Rev6 lines?
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    jcamp
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 404 Water Ski Industry Professional
    FYI Martin ran 2@-41 and Regina ran 3@-41 at Lymanland Record tournament this weekend on the XTR.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    Ralph LeeThan_BogandthateelrWish
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,080 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Just join #radarnation!
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    elr
  • pgmoorepgmoore Posts: 173 Baller
    Don't cross the streams

This via @Horton (at the risk of being off topic by me). Important safety tip:

Patrick Moore
    Hortonski6jonesschaferdvskierBulldog
    @pgmoore If I think it is funny then it is not off topic.

spicoli
  • pcmcon729pcmcon729 Posts: 17 Baller
    Yeah, of course Goode is rolling out a new ski, I just bought an XT! Always happens. I'm always so damn obsolete :/
    brettmainerelr
  • BoozeBooze Posts: 273 Baller
    @pcmcon729 - I wouldn't worry about it. The XT is phenomenal and will stand the test of time.
    ozskijcamp
  • pcmcon729pcmcon729 Posts: 17 Baller
    I've skied on Goode's since 98 and love them. Since dropping from 36 to 34 10 years ago, I've always struggled getting outbound at shorter line. Got an XT in April. Best angle achieved by any ski I've owned, and turns at least as good as any others. 10% more speed for outbound direction, for my ski style, would be optimal. Tried two Vapors last year, which were crazy fast, but couldn't get dialed in on them otherwise. Wishing I tried the XT in the next size up.
    spicoli
  • MickeyThompsonMickeyThompson Posts: 102 Baller
    @pcmcon729 What size XT are you using and what is your weight and height?