Regina Jaquess just ran of 3.5@ 41 off at Hancock.

HortonHorton Posts: 23,517 Administrator
Regina Jaquess just ran of 3.5@ 41 off at Hancock. That is equal to her world record. She is riding the new Goode XTR.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

GloersenbdoughertyThan_BoganReggieObkreisMuskokaKyMichaelGoodmanRazorskier1ALPJrjcamplakeaustinskierSkiJayTexas6RPTsunvalleylawBooMrs_MS

Comments

• dislanddisland Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    The pass will go down sometime soon
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
    Ralph Lee
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,377
    Petty amazing score, interesting that we have not seen any XTR videos from Goode popping up yet. Maybe a shift in marketing strategy, a bit of mystery, deliberate shortage of information to keep buyers guessing or maybe they are just not ready for production..
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

skiboyny
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 620 Crazy Baller
    I didn't realize until the recent Masters broadcast that she's only 5'4"?! We talk so much about height advantages when comparing the men...
    Bruce_Butterfielddancin
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,465 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @andjules she's incredible. Power to weight ratio is awesome I remember a video of her balancing on one foot on a kettle ball handle, going into a full butt on heel one leg squat and standing back up all while maintaining balance.
    3.5 at 41 for her again...just nutty! Go get some more Regina!
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    ReggieO
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,897 Crazy Baller
    Regina is an incredible talent with an incredible work ethic. We talk a lot about her slalom, and rightfully so, but she's world class in jump and trick as well with jumps nearing 180' and trick scores of over 8500. I can't imagine the time it takes to maintain those skill levels.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    6ballsjcampBruce_Butterfieldandjules
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 292 Baller
    In my opinion she gets it done with incredible technique and fitness. That kettlebell story is all core strength. Several years ago I skied in a charity event where hacks (me) and pros (Regina) skied in the same tournament. Both of us happened to be stretching out on the dock at the same time and all I could notice was how incredibly strong she was in her core. I'm not talking about just standard muscle definition. I'm talking about her entire torso (front, back, sides). One large torso muscle.
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
    Texas6
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,115 Mega Baller
    What @lakeaustinskier said - she's 64" of core muscles and arms
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    mbabiash
  • gt2003gt2003 Posts: 619 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    And a pharmacist to boot. Sounds like full time commitment all around! Keep it up Regina!
    2016 Radar Alloy Vapor
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 572 Crazy Baller
    She's awesome. Somehow fits 40 hours of work into a 24 hour window every day. And she's got a great heart too. Made a very kind gesture at Malibu last summer to my buddy's disabled daughter that was completely unexpected but extremely appreciated.

Looking forward to her setting a new WR at Malibu next month! :smiley:
    schaferThan_BoganReggieOSkoot1123
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,545
    edited July 5
    Some years a go I was skiing at Cory's with Regina's Sister and Regina brought this poor little Black Girl out that had never been exposed to skiing before. Spent a good deal of time with her and really made her day. I always remember how special she made that girl feel.

Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear !!!
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 183 Baller
    I enjoy watching her ski more so than any other skier. I think because at 5' 7" I find her more relatable than most others.
    andjulesdancinZman
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,115 Mega Baller
    edited July 5
    I'll say this about Regina, that girl is a straight up, hate to lose, grind it out, competitor - who happens to also be an unbelievable skier.
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    Ralph LeeBoo
  • CentCent Posts: 79 Baller
    There have been some extraordinary athletes in our sport who were also incredible people. She embodies that history as well as anyone it seems.
    ToddA
  • skinutskinut Posts: 334 Baller
    Video?
  • ReggieOReggieO Posts: 42 Baller
    Well done Regina, keep up the great scores and leadership you demonstrate to all!
  • DragoDrago Posts: 841 Crazy Baller
    @lakeaustinskier , you could watch Nate at 95% ;)