What is everyone using for a handle?

rq0013rq0013 Posts: 541 Baller
edited June 2010 in Other Stuff
 So I just had my first bad experience with Radar. I love the skis and bindings and decided to try their handle. I bought the handle in dec. for xmas and I used it for the first time at Bennetts a few weeks ago. The handle started off grippy but by day 3 it was extremely slippery. I washed it with soap, sanded it down and had the coaches look at it. They all thought it was junk. Radar wont replace it because it has a 30 day warranty from dec.. Im not too happy after spending $75 on it.  Im done buying things during the offseason thats for sure.

So I was wondering what everyone is using for a handle. The people at Bennetts like masterline. I was thinking masterline or the local proshop here has proline. What is a good handle these days?
Rob Quetschke

Comments

• UTWaterSkiUTWaterSki Posts: 30
    I've been using the Accurate custom ARS handles for a few years now. The rubber is softer than most other handles and the grip is incredible with kevlar gloves. The softer rubber means the handle will wear down every 2 years or so depending on how many sets you ski, but its really rare for me to have the handle pop on a deep turn with the grip I get
  • I got an Accurate handle for christmas this year and by now (maybe 20 sets) the rubber is significantly worn down. I have previously used In-Tow handles from Brenda and think they are fantastic and will last forever! I am definitely going to go back to those.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,452 Crazy Baller
    rq0013, I believe Eddie answered and offered to help in this thread before the site went down. Did he get you set up with what you needed? He has never failed me!

Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • JAGJAG Posts: 178 Crazy Baller
    In-Tow handles by Brenda. Absolutely love mine.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,330 Mega Baller
    I am the same as rpg I have been using handles from Brenda at In-Tow. www.jlbmfg.com
    Mark Shaffer
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,047 Baller
    Still using 4 Straightline TLS Radius handles.. They don't make them anymore, but when the time comes to replace them I saw one made by US Gear that looks like it will work for me..
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,374 Crazy Baller
    I ordered a rope and handle from Brenda at In-Tow and had both on my doorstep within four days.  It would have been sooner, but she didn't start making it until I ordered it!

JP :)
  • Nick SullivanNick Sullivan Posts: 676 Baller
    In-Tow, both her handles and her ropes. I love her ropes and because they only have one loop at each line length. Super easy to cut rope. They don't stretch or shrink either.
  • rq0013rq0013 Posts: 541 Baller
    Roger,

I left him a message but Im not sure if he got it due to the site going down again. 
    Rob Quetschke
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,452 Crazy Baller
    I'm sure he didn't based on the timing. Why don't you whisper him your phone number again. He will take care of you.
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,144 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Fav handle was a masterline about 3 yrs old, rubber extremely grippy; had to restring it and flip it to last an extra year cause it was to soft, but man what a grip; on a radar now! Love the lock gloves also; Eddie if u catch this thread please don't discontinue!
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,723 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    The RS1 is great. I also tried a freestyler recently and liked it as well or better. Some college kids I ski with a bit are using them strung with spectra and swear they feel more "solid" at the finish of the turn. I didn't try as I have had some nasty elbow tendonitis and did not want anything with less give. Anyone else tried that set up?
  • eddie_roberts_jreddie_roberts_jr Posts: 437 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Spectra is definitely solid but probably the last thing you should use for "nasty elbow syndrome."
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,876
    I have had my In Tow handles strung with spectra rope for around five years now and love it, no elbow problems but I have used a bent handle for over 15 years now.

- President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - Owner at Still Water Lake Estates
  • In Tow with Spectra here.  Best handle ever.  The handle material is way better than any others.  It has really good grip, but isn't soft, so it wears much better.  I use the in tow ropes too, and they are great as well.
  • BoodyBoody Posts: 613 Baller
    edited June 2010
    Masterline but going In Tow next time
  • OSSKIOSSKI Posts: 43 Baller
    Just bought my first handle, 13" straightline Mapple handle, 1.062 diameter
  • lbowlbow Posts: 21 Baller
    I have been using one of these for over a year now - really happy with how it has held up.

http://www.usgearonline.com/proV_handle.html
  • Old MS AccoutOld MS Accout Posts: 2,117 Baller
    I am not sure if Tadd still has them, but H2oz had 12 and 13 inch .940 ARS for 35.00...cant beat that.