• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,838 Mega Baller
    edited July 17
    That was crazy
    Mark Shaffer
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 571 Crazy Baller
    What just happened?
  • GloersenGloersen Posts: 647 Crazy Baller
    edited July 17
    Reportedly a 20 year-old inebriated helmswoman with 9 passengers, all 10 ejected from the boat; not good.
    stå løpet ut
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,148 Crazy Baller
    edited July 17
    It gets really crazy at 5:15.

First, I pray everyone who was injured makes a full recovery. Second, I assume those are police or park rangers in the small boat with the outboard? What in the heck were they thinking getting that close in a small boat! They could have all been killed.
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 795 Crazy Baller
    They should have grabbed one of those jetskis and went inside the circle to stop it. They could have easily been killed, and when it straightened out, anyone on the lake could have been killed.
    Wish
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,148 Crazy Baller
    @liquid d agree it's their job is to protect and serve. I am just saying, find a bigger boat to play John Wayne.
  • WishWish Posts: 6,744 Mega Baller
    @liquid d was thinkn the same thing and a way better idea. But even that would take balls. If they did not make the jump to the boat, that person would now be on the inside of the circle...swimming.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,575 Mega Baller
    The article says they were law enforcement and that they tossed a rope into the prop and then ultimately got on a jet ski and boarded once the boat slowed enough. Trying to jump onto that boat at full speed woul have been nuts.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    Bill22
  • MSMS Posts: 4,285 Mega Baller
    That was more then IPA. The good thing about IPA is that you are too full to drink enough to get that stupid.
    Shut up and ski
    Gloersen
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 645 Crazy Baller
    The first time the boat hit the pier it straightened out for a second or two and went way wide before going back to a tight circle. Those guys in the outboard were sitting there watching when that happened. As it circled in and hit the pier a second time the small outboard was right where the boat had gone the previous time. Surprise! It went there again and they got hit. Lucky it was a glancing blow.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
  • klindyklindy Posts: 1,910 Mega Baller
    At least it didn't have a "neutral rudder". Looks like it was loaded up pretty well!
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    9400Gloersen
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,900 Crazy Baller
    One of the local news stations identified the boat as Correct Craft Ski Nautique. Obviously wrong. It may be a Correct Craft, but it's a larger boat and must be a v-drive as it was circling clockwise. I don't know much about v-drives, but that boat is obviously not the same prop rotation as a Ski Nautique or it would circle counterclockwise. Now I say that assuming that nothing weird happened to the rudder or helm.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    ALPJr
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,575 Mega Baller
    Yeah, clearly an air nautique.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • auskierauskier Posts: 439 Baller
    looks like a sv211 to me.
    Toby Daff