2018 Vapor

eddie_roberts_jreddie_roberts_jr Posts: 423 Water Ski Industry Professional
Hey Ballers!
It was right at 2 years ago almost to the day that we announced the debut of our 2016 Vapor and I believe we had a record number of views and an extraordinary amount of excitement for the announced release at the Nationals for the latest brainchild from master ski designer, Chris Rossi. Roscoe has not been kickin' back and relaxing on his laurels since that time. In fact once we had all sizes scaled and the flex and rocker set in stone and production for all sizes under way, the ever fertile mind of the Man was devising ways to make his creation even better. Here we are! It is always with a bit of trepidation that we would discontinue one of the most well received skis to hit the market, but after many, many prototypes and testing sessions with an expanded group of enthusiastic slalomers we have no misgivings whatsoever about this decision. We are very excited to be releasing this new Vapor on August 1st and we'll have 2018 Vapor Probuild models in sizes 65, 66, 67 and 68" for sale and for testing on Lake 4 during Nationals. You don't have to take it just from us, there are several ballers that have had a chance to try out Rossi's latest and maybe you know a few of them or they might even chime in here on Ball of Spray. To say we are excited about our new ski would be a huge understatement!

Eddie
Bruce_ButterfieldbrodyColeGiacopuzziskidawgUWSkierMateo VargasDacon62mylemskyThan_BoganKeith MenardandjulesALPJrjedgellbajadavemaccragginshredDeanoskiBroussardparkerc2112brooksBlueSkiJordanBill22MSAlvin_NeffbigskieridahoaupatkingschaferRazorskier1Skoot1123ricoscorban2markchilcuttBulldogSkiJaymmosley899art90notchCamjsmith87JuanPedroSanchezlllrandy meny

Comments

• skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,080 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Can we take the gloves off now and get this ball officially rolling???????
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    ColeGiacopuzziMattPALPJrJordanspicoli
  • JordanJordan Posts: 841 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Nice! Ok ballers, What do you say? what do you know?
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 572 Crazy Baller
    Noticed the #somethingnewiscoming tags on social media around this new ride. Looking forward to hearing more!
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 344 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited July 18
    Super stoked about this ski!! I'll be at nationals helping out Radar with demos, etc.. I hope to meet a lot of ballers there! Come test the 18 out!!
    Cole Giacopuzzi • Radar Skis
    cragginshred
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,512 Administrator
    what?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

ColeGiacopuzzi
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,879 Moderator
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 423 Solid Baller
    edited July 18
    Seen it at the factory on July 12. Looks awesome. Didn't get a chance to ski it. Did however get a chance, from the boat, to watch @brooks slam dunk 38 off on it though.
    Can't post pics or they may not let me buy a Radar product ever again.
    Actually saw a few other 2018 products and they are all very cool.
    brooks
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 62 Baller
    Preparing for the internet to break..Can't wait to hear more!
    JAS
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,311 Crazy Baller
    edited July 19
    I think I should try one @Eddie Roberts if you need a test skier to promote the ski / brand in New England let me know. Happy to help and slap my dbl Carbitex and Sequence plate on a 68" B)
    brooksReggieOBill22pregom
  • cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 639 Crazy Baller
    Count me in!
    Vapor pro 2017
    brooksBlueSki
  • ReggieOReggieO Posts: 42 Baller
    i am looking to demo one in Eastern Canada...can you hook me up before the season ends? Thanks
    skidawg
  • MSMS Posts: 4,285 Mega Baller
    @skidawgs review is good enough for me so I hope @eddie_roberts_jr saves his money and doesn't send one to @Horton
    Shut up and ski
    auskierescmanaze
  • MSMS Posts: 4,285 Mega Baller
    Just kidding, I would look forward to a well thought out review.
    Shut up and ski
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,882 Crazy Baller
    Is this the one with the rippled top plate?
    Bob Grizzi
  • Mateo VargasMateo Vargas Posts: 683 Crazy Baller
    @eddie_roberts_jr please send me the 68" so I can bless that size.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 572 Crazy Baller
    @eddie_roberts_jr ditto what @Mateo Vargas said if you guys are planning a 69er! :)
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 450 Crazy Baller
    You had me at amazeballs.
    Wish
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 630 Solid Baller
    Will the Senate get the new shape as well?
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
  • JordanJordan Posts: 841 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited July 19
    @Horton had previously said that he was going to do the vapor pro build review first thing in the spring. Guess he held off knowing that this new bad boy was coming.

When do we get the unboxing of the new one? Any schedule for reviewing it?

• HortonHorton Posts: 23,512 Administrator
    edited July 19
    @Jordan I see nothing! I know nothing!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Jordancragginshred
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,879 Moderator
    Back to work Sgt. Schultz!!
    Jokes aside.

@Chris Rossi @brooks @eddie_roberts_jr how about a teaser photo?!
    OSUwaterskier
  • JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 431 Baller
    I am still waiting for @Horton to Test the 2017 Vapor Probuild.
    JC McCavit
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,412 Mega Baller
    But I love my 2016 Vapor!
    Jim Ross
    ski6jones
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 344 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited July 19
    @MattP I gotcha a video teaser! @Chris Rossi

Cole Giacopuzzi • Radar Skis
    cragginshredskidawgALPJrschafer
  • Mike GileMike Gile Posts: 217 Solid Baller
    I have had a chance to ski on a few of the prototypes and agree with @skidawg on space generation. The ski just carries you wide and early.

Not only is there more space and time before the ball, the ski provides a stability into the ball I have never felt before. It makes it easy to get tall and up on the front - waiting to reach. I think my comment to @eddie_roberts_jr was "you know those pictures of the pros being tall coming into the ball after the ball? This ski makes it easy to get there."
    lundbergskidawg
  • lundberglundberg Posts: 90 Baller
    @Mike Gile didn't you get a tournament PB on a prototype last month?
  • Mike GileMike Gile Posts: 217 Solid Baller
    I did get a PB at the Hilltop Pro Am, but it was on the Pro Build. The 2018 was too new and they didn't want it out yet. Looks like the cat is out of the bag now!
    schafer
  • 303Skier303Skier Posts: 446 Solid Baller
    I keep setting practice and tournament PB's this year on my 68" PRO. Can't wait to try the 2018.

One of my biggest complaints with the 2017 PRO/Vapor is it's width creation. I'm constantly feeling a little narrow at the ball. This news of more outward direction is like music to my ears!
    Jarrus Steele - Orlando, Florida