Check out the new website and new ski at denaliskis.com2018 c-65
The ultimate goal in water ski performance lies in the ability to generate speed, but also to create stability and control through the turn. Water skis have slowly progressed toward this goal, but the c-65 is an absolute quantum leap ahead of the pack. The Denali design team has been at work nonstop using a proprietary prototyping process that has allowed the creation of 14 new designs in the past 16 months, each shape an improvement on the last. By attacking the problem in a holistic instead of piecemeal fashion, a new level of synergy has been found that allows the ski to be incredibly fast and effortless across course, but to be slow and controlled at the buoy.
How did we do it? Let’s run down the list:
- An even more aggressive concave allows the ski to create more lift than ever before, so when you start to get into your lean, the ski lifts up and GOES! This makes the ski feel incredibly light through the wakes, and gets you high and wide on the boat more easily than ever.
- By analyzing the flow dynamics of the fin and wing, the S-Wing was designed to create active dynamic stability when coming into the buoy, yet have less drag when you start your pull. As you start your pull, part of the wing becomes inactive as water flows past, allowing the ski to lift and create speed. Coming into the buoy, however, the wing creates increased dynamic stability, making your turns feel slow and controlled. You truly can get the best of both worlds with the S-Wing!
- Even larger bevels balance the aggressive concave by pulling the ski deep into the water through the preturn, but still allowing the ski to lift and go into the wakes. A redesigned tail bevel gives a secure, deep tail style turn that is both effortless and automatic.
- Keeping Denali’s matching profile and rocker shape that is known to allow seamless edge changes, an even more aggressive kick point was created under the front heel. A nozzling effect is created behind this kick point, which gives a consistent tip attitude all through the course and makes the sweet spot feel absolutely massive by naturally pulling the ski through the turn.
- A newly created (and top secret!) flex and torsion measurement system allows the ski’s variable rocker to be dialed in more accurately than ever. This allows the rocker to always keep the designed proportions, no matter how hard the ski is pushed in the turn.
Individually, each one of these improvements is a breakthrough. Together they create a synergy that allows the ski to have incredible dynamic stability through the turn, yet is effortless across the course. The pressure under the ski is controlled in a way that the tail never lifts in the turn, but it stays deep and pushes through as the tip stays low and steers to center. This not only lets you carry speed from the turn into the pull, but slows your downcourse speed in a way that the line always stays tight, even when you are coming into a buoy late and fast.
INCLUDED WITH EACH SKI:
INSERTS (HO/RADAR PATTERN AND D3 PATTERN STANDARD)
FAT FIN BLOCK AND FIN
66 and 67 available now, more sizes soon
Just a side note... this has been the most fun skiing summer of my life so far. I've gained nearly a pass on this ski and it feels like the only thing holding me back is time on the water! At this point I don't really care if anyone buys one... I've got one and that's all that matters
Also Caldwell just turned 35 which means after nationals he gets to ski 34mph...If we can convince him to do it. This is him stroking 39 at 36mph on the new ski: