Yellow Loop Help

arigold22arigold22 Posts: 37 Baller
Hey Ballers! I'm looking for some advice to help with that gnarly 28 off loop. What are the main things I should focus on which will help improve my skiing at this line length?

I have attached a video of my most recent attempt at 14.25m which can be found below.

Tagged:

Comments

• IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 971 Crazy Baller
    You're falling back on your gate pullout and it's putting you narrow to 1 ball which is putting you late to 2 ball. Pull out 10 feet later and you will keep your width on the gate and it will make your 1 ball a lot better
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,170 Mega Baller
    Honestly you simply look a little back on the ski throughout. Be sure to get set before you pull out, lock into your good position and weight distribution and then like @Ilivetoski said, get wider for the gate, combination of getting wider to start with and adjusting your timing. I tend to have skiers look at the left hand gate ball before they pull out because the brain is a very good approximation machine, if it knows where it is, and knows where it wants to go, it's pretty good and filling in the blanks.
    Than_Bogan
  • DaveLemonsDaveLemons Posts: 263 Solid Baller
    I would say build more speed in your pull out so you don't fall behind the boat before you turn in for the gates. The boat is pulling you down course before you set your angle cross course.
    davestaxidermystudio.com
  • arigold22arigold22 Posts: 37 Baller
    Good points. I've been working on my gate quite a lot lately and it has improved over time but obviously still needs a lot of work. I will try to pull out a bit later and wider to hopefully stay over the front of the ski and set better angle towards 1 ball.