Total Radar Awesomeness for an adult?

RafiRafi Posts: 2 New Baller
Hello everyone, I'm Rafal, it's my first post here (thou I've been going thru forum some time now). I'm 145lbs and 5'9" and looking for a viable option to ski. I'm an open water skier, moderate to advanced with appetite for more. So far I was able to get familiar with an old Connelly Legend ('93) w Stoker (both ski and boot waaaay to big for me) and a Radar P6 w Lyric (in a beautiful pink/violet color, boot almost like w Swarovski crystals;). The time has come to get sth right for me and in my size.

Where I live (Poland), the chances to demo a ski are zero and second hand market is non existent. Any type of order for a suitable ski size (65") is put into backorder. The only viable option is a TRA (65") and hence my question: how does that compare to, say, Senate Alloy in a similar size? both products are 0.2" wider than Vapor, both use the same technology. Has anyone (adult) skied a TRA?
Tagged:

Comments

• eddie_roberts_jreddie_roberts_jr Posts: 427 Water Ski Industry Professional
    The 65" TRA should work just fine for you. It is basically the same ski as the Lyric and Senate Alloy and I have a friend who weighs 170 and has been skiing the Lyric well into 38 off at 34MPH. I'm betting you'll like it.
    MattPThan_Bogan
  • FSSPCatFSSPCat Posts: 58 Baller
    edited July 2017
    I'm almost the exact same size and I am skiing on a Radar Vapor Graphite 66. Highly recommended.
  • RafiRafi Posts: 2 New Baller
    Thanks so much for your insights, very helpful! Will keep you posted once I buy it - and happy to give my feedback.