Knee braces for jump

ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 742 Solid Baller
What knee braces do you recommend for jump? Where do you buy them? Buying for my G3 skier. Thx.
Anthony Warren

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,843 Mega Baller
    At one point my son was wearing one I bought from Dick's. I don't think anything you buy in a retail store is medically supportive (if that is a term) but my son felt like it gave him a little bit of support and he felt better wearing it.
    Mark Shaffer
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,046 Mega Baller
    edited August 1
    We use McDavid Level 3 Dual-Disk Knee Brace. $55 each at Academy sports. They were recommended to us by several high level coaches and offer a reasonable level of protection for lateral knee motion.

Good for piece of mind and injury protection, but nothing is 100%
    If it was easy, they would call it wakeboarding.
    ScarletArrow
  • ZmanZman Posts: 956 Crazy Baller
    What @Mark_Matis said, DonJoy. I don't jump, but after ACL surgery, I used the DonJoy Defiance III most of my first summer slalom skiing after surgery, and it was very supportive (and, provided some piece of mind). And, I hardly knew I was wearing it except for occasional bang on the other knee.
    You can get them on-line, and either custom fit, or standard sizes. It held up very well with frequent water use, except for occasionally having to reinstall/reposition the condyle pads held on by Velcro. These are not inexpensive. So, if limited support is needed, look at what @Bruce_Butterfield mentioned. If more support is needed, strongly consider DonJoy. Most college football players wanting or needing knee braces use DonJoy.
    Blood type IPA
    ScarletArrow
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,843 Mega Baller
    We used the Shock Doctor Ultra Knee Support with bilateral hinges.
    Mark Shaffer
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 433 Baller
    Back to my wakeboarding time. I used CTI brace. Does a good job during hard landing. Many pro wakeboarders use it.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,826 Mega Baller
    Shock Doctors are a good brace for the money. About $50 each at Dick's.

John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly