HO Syndicate Pro - Settings

What settings are working on the new Syndicate Pro? Who is having success? I have a 66" on its way to try.
- President of the Utah Water Ski Club
- Owner at Still Water Lake Estates

Comments

• D3dudeD3dude Posts: 18 Baller
    Try 6.842 2.492 0.743 8.5 degrees
    scotchipman
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,876
    Thanks @D3dude
    AdamCord
  • matthewbrownmatthewbrown Posts: 339 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I would concur with @D3dude as those were my starting settings, however longer with the fin seems to work better, 6.90. 7 degrees is the max angle I've used, perhaps 8.5 will be fine on Utah water.
    scotchipman
    Thanks @matthewbrown Are you on a 66" or 67"?
    Horton
    scotchipman
    edited September 2017
    My 66" finally arrived! Came at 6.993", 2.471", 0.755" (slot), 0.690 (head), and 9°.
    Factory specs are 6.875", 2.490", 0.740", and 9°.

No flat spot behind the fin so measuring DFT is going to be tricky unless you have a slot which luckily I do.

@matthewbrown @MarcusBrown where would you suggest I start at in regard to fin/boot settings?

mjnelson
    @scotchipman you'll probably want to start with these numbers: 29 3/8, 6.85, 2.49 and .76 from tail but i don't have a slot so i just measure it flat as i can.
    scotchipman
  • perfskiperfski Posts: 78 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Here are the numbers Will gave us that he was suggesting on 66" skis
    6.870, 2.495, .740 & Boots at 29 3/8. Have gotten demos in yet for customer feedback, but typically follow his lead.
    scotchipmansavaiusini
  • LuzzLuzz Posts: 236 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Both on the 66 and 67 I ended up liking 6.93 2.472 .750 8.5.
    Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (recap videos from 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
    See what I am up to on Twitter and Instagram.
  • @Luzz How much do you weigh? Which one did you keep?
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 796 Crazy Baller

Chef23
    @scotchipman 185, ended up liking the 67 better.
    Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (recap videos from 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
    edited September 2017
    I have now skied four sets on the 66" Pro, getting better every set, have been working with Will Asher on my settings.

First set was at 6.866", 2.488", 0.755" (Slot) 8.5, and 29 3/8".
    Second set was at 6.934", 2.452", 0.732" (Slot) 8.5, and 29 3/8".
    Third and fourth set was at 6.946", 2.438", 0.732" (Slot) 8.0, and 29 3/8".

The first and second sets the ski felt a little stuck behind me at the finish of the turn which was breaking me, the third and forth the ski was more free and flowing. I love how the tip stays down on the Pro, very balanced and predictable ski and the best HO I have ever skied on.

In 2016 I was on a 66" Vapor, spent this year on the 67" Vapor Pro Build. I'm back to my normal buoy count on the Pro for the last few years which is 2-3 @ 38', still not back to running 38' like I did on various Goode's from 2008-2015.

savaiusinimjnelson
  • GarnGarn Posts: 409 Solid Baller
    How about settings for a 67"?
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,044 Crazy Baller
    @Garn if you look at 3 above recommendations, pretty much anything goes.
    Sr sl driver & judge
    bigtex2011
    @Garn, I posted my current settings a few replies above. For binding, I am at 29 3/4
  • @Luzz Do you have a DFT slot caliper measurement? Measuring the DFT is all over the place with the flat method.
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 796 Crazy Baller
    Why the off topic @Chef23 ?
    @scotchipman haha, no I don't… not that sophisticated unfortunately :D
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,350 Mega Baller
    @bigskieridaho must have been a fat finger on my iPad.
    Mark Shaffer
  • GarnGarn Posts: 409 Solid Baller
    Thank you @Luzz.
    Luzz
    Last night I ran my first 38' in two years on my 66" with these settings: 6.950", 2.436", 0.760" (Slot) 7.5°, and 29 3/8".
    GloersenIlivetoskisavaiusiniToddA
  • auskierauskier Posts: 446 Baller
    many others riding the new ski?
    I have been dancing around a lot with settings. There is a beast in there that im excited to try and unleash. I am currently at your settings @scotchipman but a hole back with boots at 29 1/4" with a reflex. I feel that it isnt as fast, and more difficult to maintain width than the shorter, deeper more stock settings.
    Toby Daff
    scotchipman
  • eberskieberski Posts: 2 Baller
    68" Syndicate Pro ... anyone have fin and binding settings that are working?
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,117 Crazy Baller
    Skied the 66 tonight for the first time. Used numbers that might be a little too aggressive, but holy cow this thing is nuts. Skied my best score of the season behind a boat I don’t like, at a lake I never ski well at, with a rope that looked awfully close to the boat to be 28 off... I think I’m an adjustment away (ski is sticking on offside and breaking me at the waist) to this being one hell of a ski
    scotchipman
  • stevereflexstevereflex Posts: 1 New Baller
    Is anyone else finding this ski very sensitive to water temperature change? I was running some fairly easy 35’s, now struggling to get anywhere. Currently running factory settings. Ski keeps sticking on my offside, even people from the shore telling me that it’s turning for me on my offside. A week ago before the UK heatwave all was good! Now it feels like I have no zip through the wake to get free of the boat. Any ideas anyone?
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,117 Crazy Baller
    @stevereflex I felt like it was sticking on my offside when I first got on the ski, where are your boots set? I knocked mine back 1/4 inch and it fixed my problem
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,990 Mega Baller