Anyone use the course on Watts Bar lake in TN

FatrollFatroll Posts: 181 Baller
Gonna be on Watts Bar lake in late Oct for a long weekend. Anyone ski there want to grab a set or know the condition of the course? I'll have my boat.
2003 Nautique 206 2016 Radar Vapor 69.5"
Wish they had a bonus buoy count for increased body fat index

Comments

• lottawattalottawatta Posts: 117 Baller
    Where is the course on Watts Bar? I will be going down in a few weeks, staying in the Spring City Area. I have been down there several times, and I never remember seeing a course on Watts Bar.
  • FatrollFatroll Posts: 181 Baller
    I found one on Google Earth. Its between the peninsula and two islands, south south West of Goat Island. The image I have looks like some balls are missing, but I see some remnants. Do some Recon? and maybe bring some bouys? I will have a few when I go.
  • eyepeelereyepeeler Posts: 127 Baller
    I live south of Watts Bar on Chickamauga Lake. A few years ago I hunted down that Watts Bar course. When I found it, it was a loose floater with buoys missing in about five feet of water. It wasn't skiable at that time. The water conditions aren't bad for a public place to ski if the course was maintained.
    TEL
    thanks. i bring some balls to see if i can make it workable
  • oldmanskieroldmanskier Posts: 110 Baller
    Just an FYI Weather can be cold at times in Late October in Tenn.
    I am one of the owners of No Wake lake a private ski lake in Fort Oglethorpe Georgia just across the Tenn. line about 16 miles from downtown Chattanooga Tenn. This is about 50 60 miles from the Spring City/Watts Bar area. If any of you want to take a day and come to No Wake for a ski set or two let me know. My e-mail is tomjsmothers@aol.com. If you want to map quest the lake location the address is:
    No Wake Inc. & No Wake Ski Club Inc.
    3000 Battlefield Pkwy
    Fort Oglethorpe, GA 30742

Love to have any of you come ski if you have the time and weather is good.
    oldmanskier.
    ALPJr
    edited August 10
    Thanks for the invite. If we plan an excursion to Chatt, My wife and I may take you up on it. I ski into November most years in NE Ohio. Tenn temps are likely to be an improvement.
  • oldmanskieroldmanskier Posts: 110 Baller
    ok Fatroll. Love to have you ski at No Wake.
    eyepeeler , lottawatta
    Ever want a ski ride at No wake let me know.
    oldmanskier.
  • lottawattalottawatta Posts: 117 Baller
    Follow up: The course is there and is skiable. It was mostly straight and in a decent location. The south shut down area was in about 3' of water with a lot of weeds, the north end was deeper though. It was a little windy yesterday, but my son took his first slalom set since nationals. I would suggest getting there early in the AM to avoid wind and other boat traffic.
    MISkierMattPFatrolleyepeeler
    edited August 23
    ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!!! WOOHOO!!! I'll bring some spare balls in case a little rehab is necessary!!!
  • skiboat38skiboat38 Posts: 108 Baller
    No Wake is one of my favorite ski sites!