Syndicate Omni – Designed for Progression.

HortonHorton Posts: 23,558 Administrator

The Syndicate Omni is where precision meets efficiency. Developed to enhance ski progression in the slalom course at the 30-34mph speed range, this hybrid-width crossover shape is built with our ultra-high performance Carbon Fiber/PVC Core Construction. The Syndicate Omni’s Flex-Frame provides increased torsional flex for the maneuverable feel of a traditional ski with the added speed & stability of a wideride ski. This allows the ski to twist creating tighter turns while added width provides the stable platform skiers need. The Omni was designed with a Hybrid Waist Width, halfway between those typically found in traditional skis and those in wideride skis. This provides for smooth instinctive turns at a wide range of speeds. See it first at the 75th GOODE Water Ski National Championships this week in San Marcos, TX.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

gt2003ALPJr

Comments

• escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 417 Crazy Baller
    I'm pretty confused by the overall underlying marketing message of this video. At one point they are talking about it as a crossover ski with the carve fin thing, and then at the next moment they are telling me about Will running 41 off on it.

But then they are also talking about an overall paradigm shift of leaving in the past the way we used to think about skis, so maybe I just haven't yet grasped that vision of the future where categories and classifications etc. are all changed?

Does this replace certain skis currently in their lineup? Or is this just in addition to everything current?

Some of what I see looks pretty cool and looks like something that could possibly be aimed at skiers a lot like myself. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out soon if that is truly the case or not.
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,155 Crazy Baller
    Please tell me that the 65" is available with the Syndicate layup.
    savaiusini
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 516 Solid Baller
    Maybe they found it was a little confusing for consumers to have both the CX and TX and consumers wondering which one was right for them (this was essentially the case for me). This appears to be a simpler product offering and more directly competes with the three Radar Senate versions. From my view as a consumer it seems like a good move. The middle Omni is now in my consideration set for my next ski along with the Graphite Senate and Carbon V whereas the CX and TX were not. I'd love to try all three of these skis in three sets on the same day.
    escmanazeBill22
  • shansen345shansen345 Posts: 45 Baller
    My first thought when I saw it was: "well what about the CX superlight??"
  • ThePantsManCanThePantsManCan Posts: 436 Baller
    I'm sold. Price for the Syndicate version?
    60% of the time, it works.... All the time.
  • scorban2scorban2 Posts: 44 Baller
    @TallSkinnyGuy Agree 100%. When I got my Senate, the CX or TX weren't really considered. The Omni seems like it's trying to fill that gap.
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 622 Crazy Baller
    They're also saving on the manufacturing side; the molds are expensive and by eliminating one (cx+tx vs omni) they've streamlined. Much cheaper (as Radar has demonstrated) to create different models by changing layup/stiffness.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,821 Crazy Baller
    In other news - do any of you actually "jump in" with the rear foot out of the boot?
    JayG80JordanMichaelGoodman
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 678 Baller
    I tried a 67" Omni sindicate that was in our clubhouse. (Thanks Dave). It's fast, stable, edges, carves, and turns great. I would like to try a 69" also before I decide. Great ski.
    JordanToddA
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 678 Baller
    It had WA on it. Hmm.
  • ricar116ricar116 Posts: 35 Baller
    So...if you are a 230# skiing long line under 30 mph is it time to purchase a 2017 TX?
  • gt2003gt2003 Posts: 621 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I skied on my 2014 TX Thursday night for the 1st time. I weighed 222 that morning and was able to slow the boat down to 24 and had a tiny bit of resistance. At 26mph it stayed on top of the water with no problem.
    2016 Radar Alloy Vapor
  • iceboatingiceboating Posts: 18 Baller
    @savaiusini can you tell us is the width similar to the S2? S2 was one of my favorites.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,316 Crazy Baller
    edited August 30
    Bump. Anyone else been on it?
  • savaiusinisavaiusini Posts: 227 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @iceboating Omni is about .25" wider than the S2 across the inserts. It rides deeper in the water compared to most skis of this width giving it a very connected feel. The running surface was derived from the new Syndicate Pro. Deep concave, large bevels...

Syndicate Omni and Carbon Omni are real deal 32-34mph skis and are a significant step forward from the very popular CX and TX shapes.
    Sam Avaiusini - Operations Manager, HO Sports Company, Snoqualmie, WA
  • tjmtjm Posts: 256 Baller
    @savaiusini sizing on Omni would put me into what seems like a very big ski. At 155lbs it wants to sell me a 67" ski, which is already .25 inches wider than the S2. Seems like a lot of ski. Please advise
    @savaiusini I don't see the Omni on the HO website. Where is info like pricing and sizing chart?
    @bill22 miamiskinautiques
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,821 Crazy Baller
    Wish my local shop had a demo in already!
    @tjm Thanks.
    2018 website will be launched next week.
    @tjm if you are skiing 34mph, you could definitely consider a 65"

US price will be $999.99

Size chart:
    65" SYNDICATE OMNI UP TO 150 LBS. 29.00" 6.880” 2.475” 0.730” 7 DEGREES
    67" SYNDICATE OMNI 150 LBS - 200 LBS. 29.50” 6.880” 2.475” 0.730” 7 DEGREES
    69" SYNDICATE OMNI OVER 200 LBS. 30.00” 6.880” 2.490” 0.730” 7 DEGREES
    ALPJrBill22MattP
    @savaiusini Age 65. 34,is yesterday so I guess I'm border line
  • kingshreddkingshredd Posts: 137 Baller
    @savaiusini will there be an HO demo program for the Syndicate version? I am 210 and working my way into 32 mph.
    @kingshredd Yes, there will be for sure. We'll be making an announcement as soon as we update the program.
    kingshredd
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 433 Baller
    edited August 31
    What is location of front binding incerts on Omni comparing to CX?
    Same distance from tail or more forward?
    When I changed from HO CX SL to Senate I noticed that Senate front binding placement is almost 1,5 inch more forward comparing to CX. I like CX very much, but Senate works on slower speeds, whereas my CX 67 is good after 32. I am about 200. Open water almost.
    I gues binding placement contributes in this difference
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,807
    I could see myself getting one of these in order to get back into skiing. Well, except I crashed my bike on Wednesday night and hurt my left shoulder. lol
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• sunvalleylawsunvalleylaw Posts: 1,054 Crazy Baller
    edited September 1
    I keep getting a bit stuck on wanting something like this that can be used for slalom progression and learning, and also for playing around free skiing, and for guests, and wanting something like the Katana. Seems like both could work but one would be geared more for playing, and one would be geared more for course. But they perhaps crossover a little. Thoughts?
    bump. I see the Omni info is on the new HO website.

@savaiusini can you send Horton a 67" Syndicate to review? I am sure he has plenty of time on his hands. ;)