Terry Winter at Rosewater

HortonHorton Posts: 23,558 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

MattPjimbrakeswc5150rayn

Comments

• GarnGarn Posts: 379 Solid Baller
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Terry's ski definitely says KD! What happened to the Raptor and is KD back in business?
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,659
    edited August 10
    @Garn Raptor is still around and I don't think KD ever went out of business. KD has been available to buy in some countries for many years since leaving the US market, now back in the US as well.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - USI Tech pays for my water ski addiction
    WaterSkier12
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,558 Administrator
    edited August 11
    @Garn the KD brand has always been around. It has changed owners a few times and has not been in the high end ski market in North America for about 10 years.

Terry signed on this year and is the point person in North America.

The new ski seems to be generating some interest. I'm looking forward to riding it. I hear Terry is CRUSHING on it

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

WaterSkier12Jrbeeks
  • WaterSkier12WaterSkier12 Posts: 104 Baller
    Terry can crush a 2x4 Horton!
    JrbeeksHortonMuskokaKyCent
  • JrbeeksJrbeeks Posts: 17 Baller
    Friend of mine claims he watched @twhisper run 41 off at rosewater on that ski. Cannot confirm or deny other than Taking my friends word for it. He is incredible
    Horton
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 573 Crazy Baller
    he is incredible indeed. Unique style with his freakish ankle flexion (esp his rear ankle on his offside... watch the 1/4 speed vid of him on youtube) and how much he absorbs with his legs vs the power tower, tall-through-the-wakes style.
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,883 Crazy Baller
    My first high end ski was a KD Carbon 7000, it was a life changing event relative to my skiing
    Bob Grizzi
  • GarnGarn Posts: 379 Solid Baller
    So what does this mean for the future of Raptor?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,558 Administrator
    @Garn Willi is still doing his thing and trying to grow the company. I think he's actually coming to my house Sunday to watch some people ski.

• matthewbrownmatthewbrown Posts: 305 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @Horton make sure to have appropriate counterweight in boat
  • brettmainerbrettmainer Posts: 193 Crazy Baller
    I have a 67" KD Terry sent out to have people try, but I've been too busy to get out to the lake. If anyone around Sac wants to try it, they can pm me. I'll be at BA Lake 1 this weekend. I've seen Terry run 41 on it. He always looks great, but I believe he is more consistent and gets further on the KD than ever before.

I also watched from the boat last weekend a local B3 skier who runs -35 ski on his Raptor. I thought the ski, its speed, support, angle, everything looked awesome. The Raptor is definitely the real deal as well.

There are a lot of good skis out there right now. I wish I had the time, strength and money to try them all.
    ALPJrJrbeeks