2018 Radar Vapor Review has started

HortonHorton Posts: 23,681 Administrator
edited August 12 in Ski Tests
I have been on the ski for a few weeks. I got 3rd at Regionals on it. @brooks asked me to keep things quiet until Nationals so I have not said anything.

I am currently skiing pretty well and just trying to figure out what I am going to say about the ski.

The ski was in the shade so I am holding Buford Danger instead.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Tagged:
MattPALPJrJordanCentEd_Johnsonmarkchilcuttsodbuster88Texas6cragginshredAlvin_Neff

Comments

• bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 581 Crazy Baller
    @Horton yeah I saw someone do really well on it as well.... it had 2017 graphics.... hmm wonder who it was? I won't give up his cover either.
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,084 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    The demo on lake 4 at nationals was a huge success!!!
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    Bruce_ButterfieldMattPColeGiacopuzziAlvin_Neff
  • sunperchsunperch Posts: 196 Solid Baller
    Success for who? Practice was a fisaco. Everyone I talked to was mad practice being limited. Kept waiting for all fun..... didn't see any at Radar lake. Off to the rope swing we went.
    ColeGiacopuzziHortonslow
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,084 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Success for people who wanted to demo a '18 Vapor and take one home for a good price. Having Rossi, Trent and company helping with set up! Practice at nationals has always been a disaster, always will be a disaster.
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    Jordan
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,379 Mega Baller
    I walked by late Friday and someone, I think Brooks, was giving free pulls for a bunch of kids on all kind of skis.
    schafer
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 971 Crazy Baller
    I really liked the Vapor. 2@35 first set which I've never done first set on a ski. "Builds a lot of angle fast" is the perfect way to describe it
    Horton
  • cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 640 Crazy Baller
    edited August 14
    Boy I really want one! I love my 2017 Vapor but there have been about 3 really good videos with a lot of info about the changes made in the 2018 model that sound too good to pass up!

@Horton what to say.................Can you comment on both the core flex and the finish of the turn (do you notice it) as well as the increased roll to be able to get the ski on edge easier that was described?
    Vapor pro 2017
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,681 Administrator
    @cragginshred The Core Flex or the Ruffles are impossible to judge without another identical ski that does not have them. In other words there is no way to know.

I can tell you the end of the turns are distinctive and bitch'n. I ended up tuning the ski to not turn as hard because it was just too much for my skills at 38 off.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

cragginshred